35 | The Quarrel Pt. 2 + Theme Song

I finally found the most suitable theme song for Y/N. It's only fair for her because the other has their own song :D

It has this magical yet mystical vibes, with the average tempo yet it's calming and peaceful at the same time. Since Y/N is a character that I deeply can relate to, I kinda end up sensing her desperation, dream, struggle and also her story through this. What do you think?

All rights to their respective owners, I don't own anything of this song.

By the way, a long chapter ahead— enjoy your read

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

The next day after you'd recovered from the severe fever, Norman came to talk to you in private. It was in the middle of the night, your comrades were either on their night patrol or already fell asleep in their bed.

His firm yet full of concern voice is still as clear as water in your memory. How he clasped his hands over his mouth, thinking hard and said, "It might be because of the chemicals."

"The ones from Lambda?"

He nodded. "This might be just a guess but even if you haven't ever gotten any seizure, that doesn't means you are totally safe."

At that time, actually Norman secluded some of the strengthen chemicals from the Medical Center in case of emergency. You'd used that once after you came to the shelter before your first raid, thought that it would increase your strength even more. However, one month after you used it then the fever came.

"Don't use it again."

You'd been following Norman's order for a few months and there was nothing changed to your body so you didn't mind the chemical any further. It's even better, you thought, because you didn't have to depend to the drugs.

Unfortunately, things were slowly getting worse since then.

You first noticed it during your routine night patrol outside the shelter. There were birds migrating and passing the area near your shelter, accidentally drawing the attention of a few wild demons along the way. It wasn't a tough task as the demons weren't that big or troublesome. You had took two down and for the last one, you jumped over the tree and sliced the open core with as much pressure as you always pour.

You thought your job had finished, only to be surprised the demon managed to regenerate the cut you gave and released an animalistic roar. You quickly dealt with it properly the next time and with that, all of the demons had been taken down.

As you were thinking why the demon was still alive even when you had cut its core, you thought maybe you didn't cut hard enough when you think you did. The thought went as fast as it came and you didn't care to extend it than necessary.

Then when you were in your third raids with your comrades, you suddenly had a hard time to beat those demon guards. You didn't cut hard enough, the damage you gave didn't as impactful it usually be, and your stamina drained faster. You got more wound that day, not too deep but still left some scars on your skin.

You wiped the streaking sweat below your chin with your hands. Your cloak was long forgotten since you were in need of oxygen from the results of your exhaustion. The plantation wasn't even that large or harder than any ones you did yet it this raid completely worn you out.

"Faaha?" asked Zazie. He gave you another water bottle, an extra from his bag.

You had emptied yours and you should accept his since you knew well your body wasn't dehydrated enough, it would be burdensome to continue your walk in that condition.