49 | The Last Straw

Norman never really ruins any of his plans all of his life.

Never. Except for now.

A minor error is always to be expected, but an error that can destroy him to the dust? No. He is always aiming for the best and perfection and he worked his ass off to achieve all the greatness in the world, all the time. 

Yet his biggest mistake brought him to this spot. Right here, trapped in four plain white walls, surrounded by cameras on all edges and sit on a awfully familiar white marble floor. There is nothing in this room, as the room is assigned to be a confinement. 

Peter Ratri has become a lot thorough than before, not allowing any the slightest grand things in Norman's confinement other than the uttermost necessities.

"Hah...." He sighed. The dark circle on his eyebags are becoming more visible as he closed his eyes, losing in thoughts about his friends.

At least the children from the hideout are on a better situation than he initially thought. He once saw them when they just arrived. Both of their sides locked eyes on each other for a bit during that opportunity. He also didn't miss the sparks of irritation is burning inside the stare Ray threw at him from across the Grace Field's yard.

Ah yes, how ironic that all of them desperately tried to escape this farm they called 'home' a few years ago only to be captured and brought back to Grace Field once again. The memory reminds him of a certain red haired girl who he failed to find to be amongst the captured children.

"Emma...." His voice failed him towards the end. The shame, the mistake, the weight of breaking his own words and failed to get anything by forcing to do things his way, Norman is ashamed by himself.

Moreover despite all of that, as shameful as it sounds, his only choice is to hope Emma and you to be alright out there and finds her miraculous way to fix the mess he has made.

〰️

There goes another day in his secluded cell. Since the day he stepped into the room, Norman's routine always starts like this: wakes up by force of annoying alarm, drinks a sip of water and munch the edge of his dried bread, the researchers come to his room then left with unanswered answer. He mostly just stare into space, his eyes goes blank when he think of what will happen now, pitying his pathetic situation, drowned by guilt, and fallen asleep due to being tired regretting everything. Then repeat.

He knows he has been on the cell only for a few days yet he felt like the routine has been going on for forever. Time flows too slow yet too fast at the same time and Norman find himself isn't able to do anything useful at the end of the day.

Then suddenly an anomaly interrupts his newly found cycle.

Peter Ratri often comes to check on him or to monitor his movement trough the surveillance cameras. 

However, having Isabella to visit his cell is clearly a surprise.

Norman hasn't yet determined whether this is a pleasant surprise or a doom.

"Momma ... is there anything you want from me?" Norman greets her first, a mask of smile on his mouth.

"My ... do you think I won't go here from missing you? I've not yet able to see even your face since you came home."

Come home, what a funny words. If he erase the part where his so called home is being run by demons, yes, Grace Field surely is a nice house and a home.

"You've grown a lot Norman. You, Ray, and everyone. It truly was a shame that I can't watch your growths," said Isabella. She comes closer to the bed

Isabella takes a pause, letting her mask slipped a hint of a genuine expression before her cold expression covers it entirely. The older woman approaches him and Norman pulls his legs closer to himself, as if trying to maintain the distance between them.