47 | The Promise, Undone

Just a few moments ago...

There was this one agreement everyone already have known by the time they entered the mysterious domain.

It is, that everything even the unimaginable things could happen inside and they have to be ready for whatever shoved right to their face.

All people specifically those other than yourself who suddenly went missing also understand that really well. They can swear it was only for a brief of the briefest moment, they caught off guard by something like a golden dust that suddenly appear in their vision. Which then leads them to see a familiar face when they turned to their back.

It's not their fault they caught some nostalgia and longing when the illusion of Lucas, their father figure appeared from the thin air. They weren't even entering the entrance yet, how come this world already having its ways to them was beyond their logic. For a few seconds joys alike came to them in waves just by seeing the sight of him with the image of their house in Goldy Pond in the background.

Luckily, they quickly snaps back to reality before they were drowning too deep into the false sense of security. The world swifts back too soon, Lucas which was only an illusion goes away faster than when he showed up.

Maybe a bit too soon that they hoped it can linger a second longer.

All happened too soon, they then realize one hasn't been seen among them the entire phase occurred.

"Wait ... where's Y/N?"

〰️

"WHERE ARE THEY GOING?!"

You swear, you can feel their presence, the feeling of their company not too long ago. But now there's no one to cover your back from the shivering wind.

You tried to calm yourself the best you can. You can't let panic overwhelm you when no one is around to be your support. Keeping your cool is the first thing you need to do.

So you take a breathe or two and only when you can proceed to think the next step, you allow yourself to wander around the place. Not much time is wasted because despite how every corner look like an eternity, you conclude there's no way your friends would suddenly gone any further than this area.

That left the only door which lead to unknown terrain.

Did the wind then pulled them into the door, you're not sure. There weren't any sound of door anyway but this is the only path you could think of. Either Emma or they will suddenly pop up in front of you if you're just standing still.

Because of that, another gambling is in set.

The door's handle is cold in your grasp and the chill of the soft wind behind your back isn't helping at all. You put your other hand over another and opened it with every bravery you can muster, preparing yourself to fight whatever laid behind the door.

You expected Grace Field, or your shelter, forest or desert, if things are going according to Ray's words that the world is going to be the projection of one's mind. Heck, you even thought Lambda would show up even if the place practically buried back at the back of your head.

But what is laid behind the door was a demon, a smaller one at that, with a dragon sleeping peacefully on it's lap like a pet.

"The demon folks said that [] look like a kid at glimpse." said Ray.

You shake your head.

As soon as you opened the entrance door? Just like entering someone's house? There's no way you find him this easy.