40 | The Advantage

You're agreeing to Emma's plan with one condition.

"We will still kill The Queen and the nobles."

No matter how much you hate fighting or erasing anyone, The Queen and the nobles are the exception thorns that shouldn't have been let aside. You will take off your mask, freeing the rest empathy you can afford to let the demons live except those literal devil who act glorious and glamorous despite their sins.

Their wrongdoings are beyond forgiveness even someone as affectionate as Emma can't defend them for long. She fully understands your reasons to exclude those demons and actually you can't call it your condition since Emma herself wasn't sure if negotiate them into an agreement will be the end of the rope.

While you're on the topic, you also told them the secret second plan you prepared without Norman's knowing.

"You formed an alliance that Norman didn't know of?" asked Ray. Truth to be told, he doesn't expect you would never dare or possibly able to do it.

But he is glad. You're doing something on your own will and decision, even though it's a risky one.

In order to rest him assured, you explained, "I've made sure it won't interfere with the main plan and I see this won't interrupt yours either."

"Isn't it the same as you're making friend with Sir Alvie?" said Emma, out of nowhere.

You raises your eyebrows. "What?"

Emma beamed as she said, "You said he has helped you a lot and he is a demon you can talk to, isn't he felt like a friend you're respected even though he isn't close to you?"

"If you put it that way ..." your words are trailed off, unsure of what to respond.

It's right he is a demon you can stand and you don't despise, considering you honestly don't hate the regular demon who don't to mess with you at the first place. He also doesn't change his attitude and dare you say, he respects you even though you're a human.

You mumbled, more to recognize it to yourself. "He is a nice demon, though."

Before the talk is straying too far, you quickly back to the topic. "I can deal aftermath with the demon but the problem is Peter Ratri."

Knowing Peter Ratri's character, it's unlikely he will let the children pass through the gate into human world peacefully. While you can easily kill the demon—indirectly by making ruckus between the demon society with the nobles' criminal evidence, Ratri is such an irksome work.

Mount an attack is not an option here so the best to do is to avoid run into each other. If you're lucky enough, you can have the time to find a functioned gate and escape before the pursuers are catching up with the children.

〰️

The secret yet long discussion finished when the three of you decide to make a deal with Norman for going to The Seven Walls after Emma's hand fully healed up. If Emma success to form a new promise, then your side hope Norman will cancel the plan since it's not deadly necessary anymore. It's just a plain hope, you know. But the it's up to Emma to trigger the last soft spot inside the his cold barricade.

Whilst it's supposed to be your most worrisome concern at the time, your mind helplessly always wonder towards a certain black-haired boy—more than what you usually did.

All because that one—but many interpretations—sentence he told you after the meeting.

After it ended, you said you would go in another patrol before dinner and Ray sent you out until you out of the room. You released a relieved sigh that the talk went smoother than what you expected.