✨twenty eight✨

DISCLAIMER: NONE OF THESE GIFS AND/OR QUOTES BELONG TO ME! I FOUND THEM ON GOOGLE AND PINTEREST!!! ALL RIGHTS GO TO RIGHTFUL OWNERS!

✨"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness"

After Brynn had faked being asleep, she actually fell asleep

After Brynn had faked being asleep, she actually fell asleep. She woke up to Damon screaming into the phone.

"Hmm? What happened?"

They glance back at her, Damon murmuring something into the phone before hanging up.

"Change of plans: we have to head back. Jeremy took Elena to the hospital."

She sits up. "The hospital? Like. . . Where weak humans go when they're hurt?"

"Yes. That idiot."

"It'll be fine, we'll just keep Klaus in the back and find another place for the body later." Stefan says calmly.

Brynn didn't really care. Her brother was dead- for the time being- and she had mixed emotions about it. In a way, she got her freedom. Klaus was the most problematic out of the five of them, and with him asleep in a box, she would have a lot less weight on her shoulders.

But that was why she insisted on coming with the Salvatores. Even if she helped kill him, she sure as hell was going to know where his body was.

They make their way back to Mystic Falls. As soon as they get there, Stefan and her get out of the car.

Damon, surprised that she was leaving him, leans over the seat and grabs her wrist. She looks back, eyes wide as she stares at him.

"What are you doing?"

"I thought you were coming with me." Brynn glances back at Stefan, who ultimately takes the hint and heads inside.

She turns back to Damon. "You'll be fine. You're going with the Bennett witch, right? From what I've heard, she'll be able to protect you if your friend comes."

"I'm not worried about me; I'm worried about you."

Brynn laughs. "Don't be. My mood swings may be all over the place, but I can still hold my own." She smiles, appreciating the way he acted so protective. "Thanks though. I'll make sure your girl is safe."

Brynn goes to turn around and right before she opens the door, she hears Damon say, "hate to say you're wrong, but Elena isn't my type anymore."

"Anymore? What changed your mind?"

He smirks. "Not what. Who."

She tenses. What was she supposed to say to that? She knew that he was most likely talking about her, but . . . God, she didn't know! Her brain was so full and tired of thinking, and with Damon, there was always an unexplainable amount of thinking.