◤Two Liars◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⒾⓋ

Isabella just finished talking with Krone, making false promises to make her a mom. I rolled my eyes mentally at how Krone can believe such a thing.

Moms could only be replaced if they got too old to work with kids anymore so they'd go work as Grandma in headquarters if permitted. Even I knew that.

Probably because I come into contact with Sarah and actually live at headquarters, but whatever.

Isabella checks on me daily for any updates, she's as frustrated as I am when I find nothing, but I just shrug it off.

I've been getting closer to the group. Norman and I bond over books, Emma sometimes likes to do my hair for some odd reason and just generally talk to me a lot and play games. Ray and I just kinda exist in each other's company. We will talk about things, but it's mostly meaningless.

It's all very entertaining, I know.

Of course, Isabella already suspected the three. And they're the smartest in the house. So it isn't that hard to believe they're planning something. Although it gets on my nerves how I never hear them talking about their actual escape.

I guess I'll have to try harder then.

"Your perfect scorers must be using some sort of code, I can't hear much or they don't give away valuable information when they talk alone together."

I was gnawing on a candy cane again in frustration as I tried desperately to listen for anything that they might be talking about.

Silence.

What I usually like most in this world, is now starting to piss me off.

I just wanna return to my fluffy bed, please.

Why was I hired for this?

Why did I take Cuddles here to suffer with me?

"I don't doubt that, they've always been really smart." Isabella smirks.

"All the better meals for the upcoming Tifari."

I visibly shuddered upon hearing that word.

"Trying to listen for information is like waiting for concrete to harden. I'm not getting anything related to their escape. Are you sure they're even planning it?"

I said doubtfully with boredom laced in my voice. The candy cane wiggled up and down in my mouth as I played with it.

"Being here, in general, is boring." I groan as I unfocus my hearing and lay back on the couch with my head looking up at the ceiling.

"All you do is complain. I don't even know why Grandma recommended you and not one of your comrades they could just easily find-"

"My comrades magically disappeared a while ago, that's why." I suddenly snapped, I sucked the rest of the candy cane in my mouth and let the icy sweet flavour coat my tongue.

"They travel everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Not a bit of this cursed land they haven't seen. Even with as good of noses as the farm demons have, their absolute morons if they think they'll find anybody else but me out there." I spat in a low voice, now looking back at her with one last bite of the candy cane.

"You better get used to my pessimistic ass before I opt out on helping you. You're lucky I even accepted this job offer, Mother Isabella." my tongue laced with venom as I spoke coldly to her.