◤The Good Guy◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓋⒾ

After dinner, in which we all didn't noticed the absence of Don and Gilda until a few minutes after, the three pulled them aside as I excused myself outside to keep reading. But I still couldn't focus.

Ray.

Emma.

Norman.

The kids.

Sarah.

What would happen if I revealed myself to the kids?

Would they hate me?

Probably.

It isn't even worth the risk.

Or maybe Sarah was bluffing.

No, that woman never bluffs. When she says something, even when it is just insinuated, she always means it.

But I feel so bad now, I didn't feel bad at all at first but now I do...

My thoughts get cut off by Don screaming in the foyer. I sigh knowingly.

They definitely found out the real truth this time.

I wait patiently until they come outside, that in which they eventually do.

Ray sits down first next to me.

"Hey."

He greets me simply.

"Hey." I respond to him. I once again, push all my thoughts to the back of my head.

The rest of the group filed out to me to tell me what I already know, I stay silent.

"Well? What do you-"

"I already knew."

My response catches everyone off guard.

"W-What?! How?! Are you-"

"No. But Don, you were shouting in the foyer. I could hear you from all the way out here. And I was able to put the pieces together by myself. The way Sister Krone would tell me things was disturbing enough."

I close my eyes, it was true that Krone would whisper disturbing things about what she knew to me, but nothing I didn't already know.

"Well, we lied... How do you feel about-" I interrupted Emma.

"It's okay." I open my eyes. They all seem taken aback by my answer.

"Really??"

"Everybody lies at some point in their life, big or small. It's fine." I wave it off a bit as I continued.

"I appreciate the motive, but I appreciate honesty more. Is that understood?"

I sigh a bit, unheard to the rest.

Wow, I'm such a hypocrite.

I thought almost begrudgingly.

"After this, if it's for our protection. Please don't keep secrets like that again..." I put on another act.

"Please?" I ask once more.

Emma comes forward with a smile on her face. "Cross my heart and hope to die!" she holds out her pinkie and she guides me to take it. I involuntarily shudder from her warmth but smile once more.

This time, my smile is fake.