【 Dave 】

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓋⒾⒾⒾ

The guy starts eating a cookie and then slams his shoe on the table suddenly, everyone is caught off guard but I stay stoic with my arms crossed.

"Are you Minerva? Cause if you are that'd be one hell of a plot twist." I asked.

"Nope." he pops the 'P' as he eats another cookie.

I sniff the air.

Yep, that's him who smells like cinnamon sugar.

I thought to myself.

"Unfortunately for you, I am not Minerva."

"Then can you let us see him?" Ray asks, seemingly already annoyed.

"Oh, he's not here," he said passively.

I twitch my eye.

All this way for nothing?

I clench my fists as I wait for him to continue.

"SO MINERVA REALLY WAS A LIAR!!!" the little kids yell.

"Calm down." both Ray and I say at the same time.

"So, if you know about Minerva. Can you tell us where he is?"

The man starts laughing. "I have no idea!!" he exclaims as he leans back in his chair.

Ray scowls. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

"Who am I?" the man gets his feet off the table as he shows us a pen, which is the same one we have.

"I'm your senior," he says.

I eye roll as he shows his lower stomach

"Not from Gracefield." he has a code on his abdomen. "I escaped from a place called Glory Bell 13 years ago with other kids," he says.

The unknown man stands on the table with his arms out.

I can practically sniff out some sort of superiority complex on him.

"However, when we got here. there was no Minerva. We thought he was a freakin liar."

He continued with his story, now he sat on his knees.

You seem to not be able to stay still, he's fidgety, probably.

"Ah, but I appreciated this shelter." He said with a smile and his eyes closed.

"Water. Food. Electricity. And space to live... All of that was here. There was even information and materials about the outside world." he said.

"Where are your friends now?" Emma asked.

Probably dead. I only heard his shuffling. And even if the rest of them were out hunting, he would have used "we" and "us" when talking about the shelter.