《 Honor's Shackles 》

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓁ

Peter doesn't answer quite yet, he is still processing the things Emma said.

After what felt like forever.

He smiled.

That isn't genuine...

I don't think...

I wipe my eyes from the cloudiness, Emma's nails still in my cut as he starts to speak.

"You should just kill me. But instead, you say you want to live together? Fools. That's why you were meant to be eaten." he stands up, now an amused smile.

"You know, the demons aren't so bad

"You know, the demons aren't so bad. They only do exactly what humans have been doing to each other since long ago."

I furrow my eyebrows.

I know. My mother told me this too.

She gave me a thick and heavy book called a bible and told me to study it and what happened about the death of some white dude with a cool beard named Jesus, as an outcome of one out of many arguments.

"Yes, humans don't eat other humans... Most of the time. Go where ever you want. Do whatever you want. You kids win. But remember this..."

"The human world isn't any different."

Now Emma lets go of my forearm in shock. I don't bother to heal the gash as blood drips onto the floor. The pain doesn't bother me right now as my eyesight gazes to the floor.

"They're a mirror of humanity..." he continues.

"'Code solid.' try passing that onto my uncle. If you can. I'm looking forward to seeing how far you can get into the human world."

Peter looks at me.

"Y/n."

"What."

I growl.

"Come over here and kill me."

What?

"I know you want to. Go ahead. I won't stop you." he prompts with his arms open wide.

I peer to his suit sleeve, and the knife is sticking out from it, unlike before.

He wants to kill me.

He's planned this beforehand.

Before when I was desperate, he took my eagerness as an opportunity to invite me to maul him, then to pull out his knife and kill me when I don't have my mask on, he knows that I don't wear my mask when I attack because it hinders my sight in the slightest.

Then he'll attempt to kill Emma.

Knowing that... As much as I want to kill him... I have to protect Emma too...