【 The Dragon's Eye 】

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⓍⒾⒾⒾ

A light shake is how Ray usually wakes me up in the morning. If I don't wake up after he shakes me a few times, he'll lightly rub one of my horns.

Boy that's stronger than any coffee in the morning.

My eyes shot open as I see his face, his eyebrows raised.

He does it before Emma or another one of the kids wakes up and gets the frying pans to make the god awful sound of an alarm clock, which I am thankful for.

"You're awake-"

"Obviously."

Ray rolled his eyes, "How did you sleep?"

I hum as he lays on his side and I lay on mine as we face each other.

"I slept fine. At least I'm getting a full night's rest now."

"You're only starting to get a full night's rest because I hid your spellbook."

I smile playfully with my eyebrows raised at his comment.

"And I'll greatly rip apart this shelter to find it."

"Mm, well even if you do find it, I'll make sure you don't deprive yourself of sleep from over practicing."

I let an eyebrow raise, "Oh? How so?"

"Put you in a death grip when I fall asleep." he gives me a look. "You know I'll do it."

I roll my eyes, "That isn't so bad. I'm sure I could wiggle out of it if I really wanted to." 

Ray cocked an eyebrow.

"If you don't keep getting a good night's rest I'll deprive you of your candy canes."

I widen my eyes and dramatically put a hand to my chest.

"You wouldn't-"

"I would. I'll have Thoma and Lannion eat all of them."

I gasp in a low volume, aware that others are still sleeping.

"Not my candy canes! Alright, you win this battle." I whisper. We both stifle small laughs, and that's when Chris comes in banging the pans together to wake everyone up.

 We both stifle small laughs, and that's when Chris comes in banging the pans together to wake everyone up

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

Ray was pretty determined and convinced that if he stared at the payphone in the secret room that it'll magically ring, I have been trying to tell him that it won't happen, but he says nothing and continues staring at it. Lucas is also here with us.

Emma climbs down the ladder.

"Any sign of the supporters, you three?" Emma asks. I lean back in the chair.

"Nope. Ray's pretty convinced that if he stares at it for long enough something might happen." I say sarcastically.

"Am not. I'm just making sure we don't miss a call," he responds, looking back at the phone. "It's been seven days since we called them. They should have called back by now."