【 Gun Slinging 】

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓍⒾⓍ

I'm able to keep up with Dave as he dashes full speed to our destination.

"Shocked I'm able to keep up?" I asked stoically.

"You aren't human, you have zero room to brag. I got this fast through hard work." he points to himself.

"How do you think I'm able to lug this submachine gun, two pistols, ammo, and knives on me without breaking a sweat? Just because I'm not human doesn't mean I don't need practice too y'know" I add.

"Yeah, yeah. Alright." he changes the subject. "Seems like your little friends are having a hard time keeping up with our pace-" he lets out a scratchy laugh.

"I'm not sure if they're used to the speed we're running at, you have to know that they haven't trained themselves nearly as much as you or I," The air smelled like mint and a slight hint of smoke as we sped past.

"Just commenting." he cackles as I roll my eyes.

"I guess it's just easier for adults and demons!" I hear Emma say.

"Look at you two slow poke brats!" Dave laughs behind at my friends.

"He's a child inside!!" Ray yelled while pointing to him.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

We get there after maybe 10 or 15 minutes of running, we now stand at the edge of the forest.

We meet again, monster trees.

I think as we walk in the mushy and lush terrain.

"Our destination is A08-63, Goldy Pond," Dave tells us.

Goldy Pond huh? Sounds like it was named after a young child.

I think as he explains the path we'll be taking.

"First up is the forest where wild man eaters live."

"You mean wild demons?" I ask.

"Whatever. Same thing," he says as he continues talking. "If they find you. You're dead. Now come on, we're getting through here by sundown." he starts walking and we follow suit.

I take this time to examine my surroundings, some of the trees look as if they're seemingly made of stone, a little bit has passed before Ray decides to look at his pocket watch.

"There are about two hours until sundown." he comments.

"Then let's hurry up," I prompt as I start walking faster.

I see Dave eyeing us and then he stops and pumps his gun. I stop and do the same.

"What is it?" Emma asks as the other two looks around. I look up.