◤Ignominy◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⓋⒾⒾ

Krone held her hand out, awaiting a response. I waited for somebody else to start talking.

Because I was definitely not talking to her any more than I needed to.

"Don't worry, it's fine." Norman assured us.

He turned back to Krone. "We'll hear you out," he said simply.

I sighed inwardly, I wondered how long this was going to take for them to negotiate with her, she's pretty difficult to try and reason with unless it benefits her too.

The very first thing she mentioned was that she wanted to drag down Isabella's position as mom and be the one to replace her.

HAHAHA!

AS IF YOU COULD EVER FIT THAT ROLE!

She explained all her plans, including the ones to help us, or rather them escape. She eyed me a couple of times in a creepy manner, but the others didn't seem to notice. After explaining, she offered for us to come to her room later tonight to ask all the questions we wanted.

"Okay." Emma eventually answered. I looked at her questionably.

You're brave.

Though she most likely will be making a fake deal with you all.

The oldest trick in the book.

I was behind when walking back from the forest when Isabella had rung the bell for all the children to gather. Krone was right next to me, the others were out of earshot and almost out of eyesight.

"I noticed you haven't used your call button, why is that?" her voice was lower than it usually was.

"I haven't been needing it." I shrugged, my whisper was very cold and soft.

"I see. You can also use it whenever the kids make you uncomfortable, you know that right? Or to-"

"Stop it, Krone." I suddenly said, Krone raised her eyebrows.

"I know what I'm doing. I've managed to keep Ray off my radar for a while. He can't conclude anything about me, and nobody else bothers." I lie through my teeth.

I'm sure Ray has completely figured me out by now, he isn't any of the other kids I've had to trick after all. Far from it.

"That's good."

"It doesn't feel good." I admit with a sigh.

Krone grows a creepy grin. "Oh, I see. You're making friends. How nice for the headquarters experiment to finally feel the joy of companionship."

"You're mocking me. Stop it." I growl.

"I'm not. It's just a very nice thing that's happening."

Krone leans over to my ear and whispers to me with her creepy grin of hers.

"I'd have a higher chance at getting the mom position if I ratted you out too since you're not doing your job like you've been specified to do." I shuddered.

It doesn't matter if Krone tries to rat out Isabella. I'm less trusted than her. If she tells Sarah I'm most certainly either going to be locked up, given harsher experiments or even killed.

I'd like to believe the threat in my missive just stays as a bluff.

I suck in a breath quietly and decided to try and lie again. "Sarah trusts me, otherwise she wouldn't have sent me here." I gulp down a lump in my throat as Krone gets unnervingly closer to me.