◤Friends◢

ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⒾⒾⒾ

Over the past couple of days, Emma had been getting exceptionally close with me.

Did she pity me? Wanted to get close to me? Turn my brain inside out and find out my deepest darkest secrets?

Hell if I knew.

I only do what I was instructed by Isabella to do, and what I was hired for in the first place.

Listen to their conversations.

Report to Isabella the information.

Keep a close eye out.

Ask questions, but not too many questions.

The little kids seem to also favour me quite a bit, they recently asked me to start telling them bedtime stories, and they seem to like them, so that's a plus I guess. Having everyone's trust.

I reflected on the recent things Emma did to try and get closer with me, other than asking questions, she seems to really enjoy my presence here so far.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Y/n!! I brought you flowers! Do you know which kind??" she asks as she gave me a bunch of different flowers. I felt the petals, and while I knew what they were by looking at them, I couldn't say that.

"No, but one of them feels like a rose," I comment.

"Yes! One of them is a rose! But some others I picked are daisies, dandelions, poppies, tulips-" she went on and on while giving me one at a time to feel.

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Y/n!! Why do you have a book with you??" she asks curiously.

"I'm reading a book called The Last Dissenter."

"Woah! Really?! How do you read if you can't see?"

"I'm reading something called braille. It's a system of assorted dots that makes the alphabet in different dot shapes to help blind people read. I put my fingers over it to read it."

"That's so cool! Could you teach me to read it?!"

"Maybe another time, Emma..."

⇠⫷❖◈❖⫸⇢

"Y/n!! How is it here at Gracefield??"

"It's okay, the loud person? Dan, I think his name is? He likes to make fun of me, nothing too bad though."

Emma gasps. "Don should know better not to make fun of you!! I'll go talk to him!"

I waved my hands around, "No, no, It's okay Em-"

"Nonsense! I'll be right back! Don't move!" she dashes off and comes back minutes later with Don, she forces him to apologize, and then she smiles after he runs off.

"Better?" she says with a happy smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Yeah."