Chapter 46: The Men in your Past

"Ava?? Fuck

"Ava?? Fuck. Are you alright? Wake up, wake up!"

My blurred vision doesn't subside and I'm struggling to orientate myself, hearing a voice as though it's echoing through a tunnel.

But I'm awake. I'm alive.

He lets out a sigh of relief, too, and I feel his strong hands lifting me up, carrying me effortlessly up the stairs.

I'm in and out of consciousness, but I know it's him the moment my arms wrap around his neck, nuzzling in his safety.

Sebastian.

Passing the bedrooms, I notice Adam and August are safe and fast asleep. And my nerves start to settle.

"What are you doing here?" I ask groggily, feeling Sebastian carefully remove my dress and help me into a cotton tee and shorts before moving my body onto the bed.

"Mama had a feeling... she told me to come check up on you and thank God I did. Was it him? Are you hurt?"

I nod to both, "But I'm ok. I thought he was... I thought he was going to kill me." Or worse.

Sebastian holds me close, shifting onto the bed to comfort me as I cling to him desperately.

"Please don't go."

"I packed an overnight bag, darling." He kisses my cheek. "I'm calling the cops, Ava. This is getting out of hand. Adam was asleep upstairs. What if he—"

"Let's do it in the morning, when the kids are at school." I say with somewhat resolution.

"Fine. Then I'll move your consults to the afternoon." I nod and feel my body calm down as I hear the drumming of his heart.

"Ok. Since August is in the guest room that means I'm on the couch, right?" He groans, stretching his neck dramatically.

"You can stay here," I really don't want to be alone and Sebastian makes me feel safe.

"No, thank you. You're needy and I'm horny. I know my strengths."

"Eww. I have a vagina remember?"

"Yeah. One I'm very curious about since you've got all these men in a spin."

"Fuck off. Go sleep on the couch." I giggle, thankful that he's here.

"Yes ma'am. Besides, I'd hate to get on James's bad side. Although... Daddy James definitely looks like he is a bad bad boy in the best of ways."