Chapter 98: Nice For What

Monday, May 28, 1990

LA

I haven't spoken to any of the Motley boys or any of the girls. I was keeping my distance from them. I haven't even heard much from Jess either. The last thing I heard from her was that Fred needed stitches. Well, no one told him to get into the fight. And he should have pulled Nikki away from me faster. I had a scratch mark on my neck from where Nikki grabbed my top. Not to mention he ripped it. He got drunk and out of control over a picture. I had to get out of Japan, it was a complete disaster. It was a mistake to have gone there. After I left Japan, I flew to New York and settled in my hotel room; I had filming. However, I requested to have a day off. Slash's grandma passed away, and I planned on coming back to attend the funeral. But I haven't spoken to Ola in a long time since my mom had the fallout with her. I wasn't sure how she would feel with me being there. So instead, I went to the wake and wrote in the condolence book then left before anyone could see me. I have to be back in New York at 1 pm tomorrow.

"Sorry, had to make food. I have the munchies." Jade came walking into her room. "Want some?" She held out a box of honey-glazed donuts for me.

"No thanks." I shook my head leaning back against her headboard. "Too much sugar and I'm filming."

"So, did you talk to Ola?"

"No, I'm too scared to." I shook my head.

"How's Slash doing?"

"He's hurting. Ola. Sr was sweet. We used to bake cookies together. She also taught me how to cook Nigerian food. She always said when I marry a Nigerian man, I'll have to feed him. The way to his heart is his stomach." I chuckle. "I miss her."

She nodded. "I'm sorry to hear that is." Then turned to look at the TV. "Why're you watching MTV?" She smirks.

I found myself always on MTV or watching Headbangers ball just to see if they would talk about the Crue or show any pictures of them. I want to see a Motley video. Or maybe it's just me wanting to see Nikki. God, I'm such a loser.

I give her a little scowl then turn away. I called her from New York and told her I got into a fight with Nikki. I just didn't tell her how bad the fight was. I needed a friend because I couldn't talk to my sisters.

She picked up the remote and then turned the TV off. She walked over and sat beside me on the bed. "Girl, what happened?" She asks with concern.

"Japan... was a mess," I mumbled.

"It can't be that bad?" She questions. "You said you guys just argued."

"Jade, me and Nikki put our hands on each other. Like we physically fought, and it was bad." I stared at her.

She lifted herself off the headboard and turned fully facing me. "Shit!" She gasped. "What happened?"

I put my hands on my face and rubbed it down slowly. "Remember that party we went to... the one before I left."