Epilogue

~~~Anna's POV~~~

I set the last plate and feel a pair of still strong arms wrap around my waist. I lean back against the hard warm body and close my eyes so I can relax, now that I'm done.

"Are you finished sweetheart?" asks my husband from behind me and I nod tiredly and point to the room full of food.

"You know you didn't have to do all this, we could have hired a caterer." He says close to my ear and chills overtake my body once more.

Even after all these years I still get butterflies and sparks every time Nate touches me. You would think that he would get slower and less affectionate but every single day he will show me and prove to me why me taking a chance on us has made us happier than we could have ever imagined.

He spends every single day making me smile and if we do argue then he would walk down to the beach and stay there for an hour or more until he is calm and we won't end up saying anything we will later regret.

We had this problem on our 2nd year of marriage when one of his exes was in Hawaii and since we have lived here since the engagement, everyone knew that Nate had moved here with his new wife.

The media had a field day with our marriage.

Anyway all those years ago she wanted to stay with us and since she was a family friend, we had to let her stay with us.

I had just been coming back from taking a walk with Olivia and Marc when I came home to see a new pink car in the driveway and heard giggling from inside the house. I forced myself not to make assumptions but the pain in my heart was still present.

I quickly left the kids in their rooms and stormed to our bedroom where I threw the door open to find Laura straddling Nate on our bed.

Long story short, that day was the first time I sent someone to the hospital. Turns out that she didn't know I would be coming home so soon and she had drugged Nate and was planning on taking pictures and blackmailing us.

He could feel and see everything but he could not move for the next 5 hours. I found out about this later of course, a lot after I went bat shit crazy on both of them.

I shake my head to clear those bad memories and focus on my current happy life.

We have now been married for 20 years and today we are celebrating Marc's engagement. I am happy that he has found someone he loves but at the same time I feel like he is a bit young at 19 to know the plan for the rest of his life.

It may make me into a hypocrite since I was married twice by the age of 21 but the first one was not my fault and the second was rushed so I would be married before Olivia was born.

There is an instant smile on my face when I think of my children. My family is everything to me.

I hear the front door open and the voices of my children coming through but Nate never once lets me go. It seems like he gets more protective and possessive with age and I must say that I like it, a lot.

"Mom, did you do all of this?" asks my son while looking around the room in awe and that reaction is enough for me to forget about my feet hurting my pounding headache. I have and will do anything for my children.

"Yes, she did so go and get the rest of the things and help your mother a little." Shouts Nate and Marc quickly rushes back to the kitchen to help and I can't help the little looks between his fiancé and him, they even shared a little kiss before he left.

I swear they might be even cuter than me and Nate.

"Can you believe our little babies are all grown up? "I ask sadly and like always Nate laughs at me and tells me that we are not that old and soon we are going to have grandchildren to look after.

"I'm 40. Way too early for grandchildren and Marc needs to finish university and find a good job to support his family before he makes one." I ramble and I am shut up but Nathan kissing me.

"You need to stop worrying so much, if they need us then they know where to find us and you don't look a day over 30." He says and pecks me after each word of his last sentence.

"I already cooked for you, you don't have to suck up to me anymore." I joke since he would act extra nice when he wants me to cook something special for him.

"Well if we already have food, what is the thing that's left that I always want?" he asks with amusement and heat in his eyes and I roll my eyes and drag him to our bedroom so I can force him to change before all the guests arrive.

"You didn't hate to drag me, I would have taken my clothes off with just a look," he winks at me as he lifts his arms above his head and takes his shirt with him.Even at 44 he is still the hottest man l have laid eyes on and l am lucky enough to go to bed with him and be loved by him.

"You might get that look tonight." l tease him as l take off my clothes so l can put on the purple dress l had planned on wearing but then before l can make it out of the room l am pushed against a wall with my husband pressing me to it.

"l want that look now though." he says near my ear but before we can have a quickie there is banging on the door.

"Mom!Dad! Get out of here or l will come in there and take a picture and blackmail you for the rest of your lives." comes the shouting of our kids and Nate groans from behind me but lets me move away from the wall.

"l am so cock blocking all of you every time you are near me." shouts Nate as he walks out of the room glaring at his offspring like they are the devil while l hide behind him with my beet red face.

Your children should not do this or know about this.

"Let's just get this done with." he grumbles again and Marc pats him on the back and l honestly am terrified at how grown up my children act.

That night we celebrated Marc's engagement and Nate's birthday with the closest people to us and all the pain l have gone through is all worth it when you have something as priceless as family and love.

l was born and bred to serve but l am serving love now and it's the best feeling in the world.