[21]

~~~Anna's POV~~~

"May all rise." said the attendant as the judge walked back into the court room.

This is the court case of me getting a divorce from Matt, he is surprisingly co-operative. He hasn't made any threats or tried to make this hard. He just turned up and wanted out of this as much as l do.

He is giving me 2 million dollars and the house in Hawaii where l am going on holiday and stay there until l chose what to do and where to go.

They have reached a decision and that is why the judge is walking back into the room. l know that l am lucky since we both want to end the marriage so this all will be finished in 3 months. Not like so many other people that have to wait for years.

"I have come to the decision that it is best for you to not to be together so you should be divorced in 8 weeks, when all the paperwork is done. Mr White has given his past partner 2 million dollars and a house and he is left with everything else in his possession since she has made no requests." says the judge and dismisses us.

l go to walk out but Matt stops me on the way with a hand on my arm and l turn to look at him with my emotionless face.

"What can l do for you?" l ask in my posh voice and he gives me a sad smile.

"I owe you an apology. l hate that l had turned into this monster and took advantage of you being pushed into this arrangement that l never should have agreed on. l am terribly sorry for treating you like no one should. l really wish that you and Nathan can be happy since you have that look in your eyes like me and Daisy had. l hope you have an amazing life and family and if you ever need anything then call me but l'm sure that Nate will take care of you." he says with a smile.

"Me and Nathan are not together." l say in a cold the even though l appreciate his apology, although he did torture me and put me though hell.

"Well l'm sure that you guys will work it out. Anyone can see that you guys are meant to be." he says and then walks away leaving me staring after him.

When everyone has left the room l walk out and walk to the nearby park and sit down on one of the benches near the edge of the park.

l know that l am leaving and going away for a couple of months and l was planning of leaving Nathan behind but if the man that abused me and raped me can see that l love him, then our love must be strong, to get through his fucked brain.

l know it's strong.

However there is more to life than love and sometimes love is not enough.

He could do so much better than me so why should l limit him to being with me. l am broken and need time to recover and be myself again, since l haven't had the time or opportunity to learn to be myself and make mistakes.

l need time to myself and after l learn more about myself chose if l want to be tied down yet again or if l want to catch up on the years l missed out on.

With newly renewed energy l stand up and hail a cab to the hotel where my clothes are and grab them quickly and then run back to the cab, rushing to the airport.

l run inside and see that l have an hour till the Hawaii flight and quickly buy a ticket and rush to the gate and they let me in quickly, it's amazing what money can do with time.

I'm lucky that we take off early since all the passengers are present and the flight is quite long and the sooner we get there the better.

l feel the sudden rush of the airplane speeding up and then we take off into the sky, leaving all that l know behind.

"I'll miss you Nate, l hope we see each other again someday." l whisper when the city below me is just a mix of colours and buildings.