[2]

~~~Annabelle's POV~~~

"... I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride" announces the minister and l stare into the eyes of my new husband.

Matt leans towards me and places the smallest kiss on my lips. I get the feeling if he could, he would have kissed me on the cheek.

I know you are probably curious on what my new husband looks like.

Well, for one thing he is TWICE my age! He is 39!

In case I didn't mention I am only 20.

Mr White has short dirty blonde hair with a few grey hairs, here and there. He was very skinny and lanky but his suit was obviously tailored to show his advantages and to hide his flaws. He had light blue eyes that were ice cold.

Abruptly he turns me and we start to walk down the isle. His grip on my hand is so tight, I think he has cut off the blood flow to my fingers. I fake a smile at all the people that have come to the wedding.

My wedding.

Oh God, what have l done!

I have married a complete stranger and I have no way of getting out, unless he dies. He may be older than me but I don't think he is old enough to die on me and anyway l don't wish death on a complete stranger, he could be really sweet for all l know.

Enough of those thoughts! I'm sure he will be a good husband and partner.

"Smile like you mean it!" Matt barks into my ear while still managing to smile at the guests.

"Yes, sir." I answer back, while trying harder to smile at the people offering their congratulations.

"Good, you know how to answer me at least. You aren't such a lost cause after all." he quickly whisperers before turning and kissing my mother on the cheek.

She turns her head to give a glare and mouths "Remember how lucky you are."

How could I forget when you shove it in my face every chance you get!

If you haven't noticed, in my head , sarcasm RULES, but of course I can't use that kind of language out loud. It would put the family in a bad position.

"Let's go have our first dance.I hope you've learned the steps." my now husband pulls me to the dance floor. I wouldn't be surprised to find my arm covered in bruises tomorrow.

Does he have to question every single thing l do? Then I remember and smile a little to myself.

In a small act of pissing my mother off, I never get the dance right and my husband must have been told that.

In fact, I am a great dancer, or so my partner told me. The one I mentioned when I went out to a club and lost my virginity. He was an awesome dancer as well.

I may sound arrogant but in my world you either know you can do something and prove it or you are brought down every chance someone gets, just to prove that you aren't good enough.

One small solitude I have for myself is dance, but I never let my mother know I can dance. She would ruin even that small joy I have found.

I have spent countless hours practicing all different styles and my favourite has got to be the tango and the salsa. I mean who would not want to watch that!

The dances are so passionate and real, you are free of rules and can move your body mostly the way you want. There are only a couple of rules in the tango but the end result is spectacular.

Mr White leads me onto the dance floor and we begin dancing.

I am really tempted to step on his shoes or ruin the dance somehow just to annoy him but I think better of it. The way he is crushing my hand, I dare not to.