[10]

~~~Annabelle's POV~~~

I can't believe that I ran away from my husband.

I've always wanted to be married once but be married for life but my parents took that choice away from me once they signed that contract and my life away at the same time.

I have no idea if this month will be good or bad but I just feel like I have to give this a chance and see where it takes me, even if it lands me in the hospital for a broken heart or broken bones.

Right now we are still driving to his house, since we left about 10 minutes ago. It's dark outside and silent in the car.

Nate says that we'll be there in the next 15 minutes, I didn't know that he lived so close.

"Won't Matt suspect something, we both left at same time." I ask what has been on my mind.

I'm pretty scared that Matt will turn up at Nate's house and take me back by my hair, literally. I don't understand why he does not let me go when he does not love me or even like me.

He could just let me live somewhere else but put on an act while we are in public, there is no need to act behind closed doors. I am sure there are plenty of couples out there that are together just because it looks good.

I am shaken out of my thoughts by the car stopping and my door being opened by Nathan, he lends me his hand but I stand up, refusing to take his hand.

I see the hurt in his eyes but right now we are strangers and he is going to work to win my trust and any affection I had for him back.

I make my way back to the boot of the car and take out my luggage.

I ignore him again and take my suit case into the massive house, without looking at it much. Money is not something that is important right now, it has lost it's appeal to me.

I make it into the house and stop by the stair case but don't turn back to look at Nathan when I speak to him.

"Where am I staying?" I ask in my cold tone, the one I was taught to use years ago.

Arms come around my waist and pull me back into a warm body, causing me to freeze and tense up, just so I don't give into him that easily.

I trusted him once and look where that got me.

I try and get away from him but his hold on me tightens and now his head is resting at the base of my neck.

"Please just give me a chance, let's start fresh and erase all the past." he says in my ear.

"That's what people with a bad past use as an excuse." I snap at him and make my way up the stairs and into the first room, which looks like a guest room.

Even if it wasn't, he would be moving out of this room since I'm staying here.

Looking at it now, it does have a certain bachelor look to it.

All dark colours and minimal furniture.

I take a quick shower and put on my tank top and shorts, now ready for bed.

There was a note on my bed and it made me a little uncomfortable knowing that he was in the room while I was in the next one, naked.

I look at it and the message nearly makes me go and look for him.

Annie

I'm really sorry for everything and I hope that I have enough time to win back what I foolishly lost. Even after that small amount of time we've known each other, I know that this may scare you but I promised that I won't let you go and I won't, even if it takes years to prove that.

I know what I want and that's you, I just wish that I had thought first and felt later.

I hope to see you tomorrow morning and to let you know I have taken the whole month off and I sincerely hope that I get to spend every second with you, if you'll have me of course.

Think about things since I haven't been there to support you and carelessly caused you even more pain, you have no idea how I wish I could take that back and just be able to kiss your soft lips and just whisper sweet nothings to you.

I will be dreaming of you tonight and wish that you were in my arms and not alone in my bed without me.

Your Secret Admirer

I re-read that note I don't know how many times and each time, my anger would fade that little bit more but me being a stuborn mule I won't go and just sink into his embrace.

That night I fell into a cold and restless sleep, alone.