[15]

Recap: Anna and Nathan have been at his house for only one night and have fought quite a lot but just when they started to get along the next morning, the phone rang.

Anna's parent's have come to Nathan's house and this chapter continues from her mother storming off out of the office.

******************************

~~~Nate's POV~~~

I watch her mother storm out of my office and her wimp of a dad right behind her. I am saying that he is a wimp but when I spend the rest of my life with Anna, I don't ever want to leave her side.

However, I don't think he is following her because he can't stand to be away from her but because if he doesn't do exactly as she says then he is going to be living on the streets with no money or anything to his name.

Since they are in front of me and the hallways are not that wide, I can't go around them or stop them in any way.

I walk back to my desk quickly and press the button for the intercom that connects the whole house and select the kitchen.

"You mother is loose in the house, if you want to hide then hide." I say and then quickly shut off the connection in case they are near the kitchen and hear my voice.

I close and lock the door to my office, I don't want them going through my paperwork while I try and deal with them.

I trust Anna and Rose but not her parents. I don't think anyone does.

It is taking all of my self control not to shout at them or just plain kick them out do my house.

I hear shouting and I guess that they have found Anna in the kitchen and I see red when I hear some of the things that her witch of a mother is saying.

"I have taught you better than this. The only thing you should be good at is obeying your husband and pleasing him, but you can't even do that." She would have said even more but I walk into the room and something in my eyes must have warned her to shut the fuck up.

"I have many things to say to you, her so called parents but since that would hurt Anna I'm going to be nice and just ask you to talk normally and without insulting the best person here." I say and look at Rose after saying the whole thing and mouth 'thank you ' when the parents aren't looking at me and she gives me a small smile while pointing back to the group with her head.

I look back to my love and her donors and see Anna with her head down while her mother and father are glaring at her.

"I'm sorry mother." she says in such a small and broken voice that is don't even recognise that she could use.

I guess they've done a number on her.

"You can make it up to me by going back to your husband and making a nice dinner for him while maybe waiting in bed and if he decides to accept your apology then you will thank him." she says and then looks up at me and smirks.

I narrow my eyes at her but out the corner of my eye I see Anna nod and it's hard for me not to show any emotion that she may have to do that. Sleep with Matt because otherwise I have no doubts that she will be beaten if she says no. As much as I want her to be only with me, I never want to see her with bruises on her skin.

I am willing to do anything for her, even if it involves having to know that she is going to be with another man while I try to get her out of the situation her parents have put her into.

I'm not a lawyer for nothing.

She will have to go back for a little bit, while I go through the contract and find a way out but unfortunately until then she will have to go back to that house at least she will have Rose and I will be visiting her each night. I don't care how many guards are there.

I have to make sure that she is safe.

I am not going to spend God knows how many weeks without seeing her because Matt now knows for sure that I am the other guy and work might become a bit awkward but I am good at my job and he has no professional reason to fire me.

"Now if you don't mind Mr Johnson, my daughter and I have to be going. We have to bring her back home and it looks like I have to teach her some manners. You have managed to ruin years of training and think of how many lessons we have to compress in this short amount of time. Goodbye and I hope we never have to see each other again." Her mother says and pushes past me with her slave right behind her who doesn't even meet my eyes.

Rose is glaring at the space behind me and Annie is just staring at the ground but I can tell that she is trying to hold back her tears. She finally looks up and I don't like the look in her eyes. She has given up.

"I am sorry for them barging into your house like this." She starts to say but I interrupt her.

"This is our house Annie, it just might take longer for you to move in permanently but I am never giving up on you ever again. I would do anything for you and you just stay strong and don't let him break you. OK?" I wrap my arms around her waist and bring her body close to mine and lay my chin on the top of her head and press a gentle kiss there.

"There is nothing either one of us can do." She says and then takes Rose's hand and walks out the same way her parents did but with her shoulders shaking and her head is down, once again.

I know that this is not going to be easy but she can't just expect me to let this once in a lifetime opportunity go. I am sure that she is the love of my life and I am lucky enough to have even found her.

I did not get to this point in the business without following my instincts and I am not stopping now.

I may be young but Matt White does not know what is coming for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter will hopefully be longer and I will try and explain the meaning of the book title a little better if you haven't guessed already.

Let me know hat you think and I wish all of you a happy day or night, wherever you are.

Until Next Time