[17]

It's now morning and today I am supposed to meet Matt's parents today and I am way past being freaked out or scared.

I have no idea control over my life so I should just stop worrying about it.

Last night Matt did come back and I would rather not remember what he made me do. In my case I am going to keep believing that ignorance and defence mechanisms are going to be my best friends since I have no one right now.

Since we are going to his parents and he told me not to wear a gown or something like that but still look presentable.

On the bed in front of me I have some skinny jeans, a white shirt that goes to the top of my thighs and gladiator heels.

I think that's casual enough but I would have to ask my husband for his approval.

From what he has told me about his parents, which is close to nothing, they seem like nice people and not at all like him. I don't know how he turned out to be like this.

The door slams behind me and I don't look back at him in case he thinks I am being rude.

He walks near me and looks at my choice of clothes.

"This is good enough, Put this on and meet me at the car in 15 minutes and do something about your face, there is makeup in the room that you must use everyday. You need it." he says and when I say thank you, he exits the room.

I quickly put on the clothes from the bed and run to the makeup room and quickly put on a thin layer of foundation, blush and mascara.

I run back down the stairs and I'm surprised to see Rose being held back by security who are also carrying her bags.

"Anna! Come on, we can make it. Nathan has been going crazy thinking about you. Come with me and leave him! I'm begging you, looks what he's done to you." she screams and I almost lose my sense of right and wrong and leave with her but when Matt walks in and sees the look on my face he walks to me and puts his arms around my waist and pecks my lips.

Rose's eyes widen when I don't push him away and I turn to look at her and again I almost give in when I see the tears rolling down her face.

"Rose as you can see I am happy here and being with Nathan was a mistake, a short stupid mistake. Please tell him that I am sorry for leading him on and that I wish him all the best." I lie and walk past her before I start crying with her .

"You did good princess. I guess you aren't a lost cause yet." praises my husband but I feel nothing but guilt.

The driver opens our door and I enter last since I am less important and I sit on the other side of the car while Matt sits next to the other window.

He immediately opens his laptop and makes numerous calls all through the hour drive while I sit in the same place where he told me to and don't move in case he sees and decides that I need to be taught another lesson.

I look outside to the nice countryside and my mouth nearly drops when we stop in front of this large and cosy cottage that looks so welcome and not at all like the cold mansion Matt lives in.

I never would have guessed that he grew up in a place like this.

We exit the car and Matt come around to my side reluctantly to place his around my shoulders just before the front door is opened and a middle aged woman comes running towards us and for the first time I see Matt smile, a genuine smile.

"Welcome home Matt! You haven't been coming to see us often enough. Is this your girlfriend?" The woman smiles lovingly at her son and I am surprised that she doesn't even know we are married, I was wondering why his parents weren't at the wedding.

"Mum please meet my wife." Matt fake smiles while pecking my forehead and the squeal she let out was deafening but I forced myself to smile.

"Are you just coming from signing?" She asks in a happy tone and looks at us expecting an answer and when Matt's hand digs into my side, I know that I have to answer this one.

"We actually got married two months ago since it was a little quick and Matt has been working really hard so I'm sorry that we couldn't come here sooner." I say politely and I feel really guilty when I see the sadness enter her eyes, I don't love her son but she seems like a nice woman.

"Oh, OK.Well anyway come on inside and we can meet each other properly now." she tries to put enthusiasm in her voice but as far as I know Matt is her only child and that means that she was present at her only child's wedding.

That must be hard for a mother.

"Also honey, your brother is coming for lunch as well." she says while clapping her hands and the smile vanishes from Matt's face.

"Mum, I have no brother." he says and leaves me and his mother staring after him in surprise.

"He never told me he has a brother." I say but more likely my parents didn't put it in his file of vital information.

"They really get along that well since a couple of months ago when we told them his brother was adopted. I know we waited too long but we never wanted them to feel separated or not feel like they are not brothers." she says in a sad tone and I don't what came over me but I hugged her.

"Don't worry about it, they can work it out." I reassure her and she gave me a big smile and took my hand in hers so we could walk into the house together .

"Honey, come meet our daughter in law!" Shouted Matt's mother and I had to laugh at how excited she sounded.

"We're all in the living room." a deep voice shouted from nearby.

We walked towards the voice and when we reached the doorway I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Honey, meet our daughter in law Annabelle. Annabelle meet my husband and other son Nathan." she said with a happy voice and when I locked eyes with him I nearly faint.

"I have already met Annabelle mum and I would also like to talk to her about something important." said Nathan and pulled me along with Matt throwing daggers at his back.

This just got really awkward.

----------------------- -------------------

Another update in the same week!

Did any of you guess the connection?

Anyway enjoy and let me know if you liked it.

Until Next Time