[20]

~~~Nathan's POV~~~

lt's been a week since Anna was arrested and l am trying to concentrate on working.

l have gone everyday to try and see her but l'm either there at the wrong time or she doesn't want to see anyone.

Basically, l haven't seen her in a week.

l am forced to go back to the office since even though l am well off and a millionaire, money can be lost easily and if l stayed home l would have gone crazy.

Also when l take Anna on our honeymoon l don't have to worry about money and time because l have enough not to worry and just spend time with her and make memories.

l look at the clock and see that it's only 10am and l have been in here since 6. My house feels empty without her and it's not just my house but me as well.

If I stay at home then I am going to go crazy with having nothing to do than think about how my life has changed in the last couple of months and what might be happening at that exact time to Anna in jail.

She has changed and ruined me for any other woman, l can't even look at someone else without comparing them and just ending up daydreaming about my short time with Anna.

l used to be a pessimist about love and not believe in it and think it just made you weak but l fell in love with the most amazing woman in less than a week and since then l might have spent less than a week together with her but l'm not stupid enough to just give up on us.

There are just some things that you know are worth all the hardships and pain.

My alarm rings and l shoot out of my chair and rush to my coat hanger and put on my best suit jacket.

Today is the day of the court sentencing and l need to be there and support Anna since l have managed to find evidence towards Matt and l plan on taking Annabelle home today so we can start our life together.

l have set my alarm an hour before the court starts so l have enough time to get there and get myself ready since this is the first time l am going to be in a court room and acting as a witness and l don't think that Anna knows that l have hired her lawyer and he knows all the evidence and information l have found to help her.

He is an old friend from law school and I am very confident that he is going to be able to win her case.

When l make it to the court house it's empty but of course some media is outside and are drinking coffee and waiting to catch some important person coming to see the trial.

Matt is a famous and important CEO and the media loved his playboy ways and they were surprised to find out about his wedding and on top of that, a couple of months after his wedding his wife is accused of being a high class prostitute.

That was bound to make headlines.

l really just want to drive to Anna's parents house and just shout at them and for the first time in my life l am close to punching a woman. She is in this situation because of them and l really hope they come today and stand behind their daughter for the first time in their lives.

My lawyer is already here with Anna and l just hope that she will let me help her without a fight, I just want to see her at least.

l run inside before the media can take any photos and sign in and place the name label on my suit. There are so many rooms and if l was in a rush l don't know how l would be able to find the right one but luckily they have a person that escorts you to the room, depending on why you are here.

Within 5 minutes l am standing in front of the door and taking a big breath before opening the door and walking into the silent room. Annabelle is dressed immaculately while the lawyer is going over the papers and asking her question while she only nods.