[3]

This is the second day of my honeymoon, yesterday being my wedding.

It's just past midnight, so officially it is me second day of being married.

I couldn't sleep and I didn't have anything to do, so I am currently walking along the beach, trying to make sense of my new life.

After I went to the cabin and read the letter from my dear husband, I found another piece of paper labeled 'RULES'. Let's say I didn't like that one any more than the first.

How did my parents manage to find the biggest scumbag on Earth to be my husband? I have met a fair share of douche bags but did one of them have to be my husband?

There is a full moon tonight and the whole beach is illuminated from it, giving it a calm feel , like you are all alone and no one can break the dreamlike state of this place.

I must have been walking for about half an hour before I spotted a lone figure sitting on the beach in front of me.

From where I am, I can definitely tell it's a man with his broad shoulders and his big arms resting in his drawn up knees.

I am not sure if I sure go to him or just leave him alone, I mean I have no idea who he is or why he is here. He might just want some peace and quiet and I would ruin that.

I decide I am going to talk to him, I need someone to talk to as well. That sounded really selfish but who better to talk to than a stranger that you'll never see again?

I make my way down the beach and sit down next to him, feeling the now cool sand touch my bare legs.

I've changed out of my wedding dress to my bathing suit and a cover up on top.

He turns to look at me and I'm monetarily speechless. This for one is the best man to my wedding but he is the most handsome man I've ever seen in my life.

His jaw has a light dusting of stubble and it makes him look even better, if that's possible.

"What are you doing here?" his voice is husky and deep and it sends chills down my spine at how sinful his voice is.

"I couldn't sleep so I came to take a walk and maybe a quick swim." I answer and lay down on my back to look at the stars.

"Is Matt not with you?" he lays down next to me but is looking at me and not at the stars.

"No, he has some business." l lie.

"You don't have to lie to me you know. I know he is not faithful and not the best person to be in a relationship." l turn to look at him as he says that and I see that he really knows what I'm going through.

Not that I care if he sleeps with other people but I don't want to catch a disease from all the whores he is with.

"How do you know?" l ask him.

"I've known him for a long time and today it didn't look like you were marrying for love, either of you. You were smiling but you weren't happy." was his answer and l let out a deep breath knowing at least to him I don't have to pretend since somehow he has managed to see past all the fake of today to discover some of the truth.

"You can talk to me you know." he says after there is a silence between us for a couple of minutes.

"I feel like I can trust you but you really don't want to hear about my marriage problems, the day after I got married." l say honestly while giving him a small smile.

"No, I really don't mind. You look like you need a friend." he smiles at me and I smile back.

I silently take out the piece of paper from my bikini top and hand it to him.