[8]

The dress and Annabelle------>

The next morning I wake up with a big head ache and the smell of eggs and bacon.

For all the weeks I've now lived here, not once have I had breakfast in bed. Even though there are I don't know how many cooks and maids working here but of course I am not the important person in the house.

I know that sounds bad but they get paid and treated better than me, the least they could so is actually do their job.

So when I open my eyes and see a whole tray of food, surprised does not begin to describe what I felt, shock is a better word.

I sit up in my bed and see that Rose is sitting at the end of the bed, but not in her maid uniform but in simple skinny jeans and a tank top.

"Morning." she says happily while giving me a big smile.

"How are you this happy in the morning?" I ask her and you can probably guess , I'm not a morning person.

"Well as you can see I don't work here anymore." she starts to say but I interrupt her.

"How is that a good thing? You're leaving me?" I ask a little hurt since she is my only friend and I have gotten close to her in the past couple of days.

"No, I'm not leaving but Mr White agreed to have me live here but pay rent, and for him not to do anything to me." She says while bouncing on my bed, making me jump with her but try to ignore the the little pain that is still left with my bruises.

"You're staying here, with me?" I ask happily. She nods at me.

I jump on the bed and drag her on it with me. For the next 10 minutes we just scream and jump like a couple of teenage girls at a sleepover.

"So you're staying here and doing nothing, you won't be his employee?" I ask to make sure. She nods again.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. A Nathan and his date are coming tonight for dinner, so Matt told me to tell you to be ready." she tells me and I feel my face pale.

I know exactly which Nathan is coming to dinner .

"Wait, is it the Nathan?" she asks me with an also panicked expression on her face.

"Yeah, I think so." I tell her with a shaky voice.

She jumps from the bed and walks over to my closet.

"We have to get you as pretty as ever, not that you're ugly ever. You lucky bitch." she tells me then turns around and starts looking through all my clothes.

It may seem that we are really close and we met only a couple of days ago but we spent the night talking and talking about everything and anything. I told her everything and she listened , actually cared to listen to me and it felt good.

She was really mad at Nathan but said that I might have misunderstood and you should always listen to the other point of view, even if it is kind of obvious and exactly like you thought it was like.

She said that tonight I'm going to make him see what he is missing and that he will have to beg to get me back, even though I am married. Oh, the irony.

She spent an hour looking through my closet to find the perfect dress to wear tonight.

She didn't want me to look slutty but sexy and sophisticated, so that I would look better than the woman Nathan is bringing since Rose found out from the cook that he has said it would be a plus one.

I have cried enough yesterday and last night, no more of that today.

I'm just going to accept that I'm stuck in this marriage and if life is good enough to hand me another chance at love, then I will take it but now I have mourned my almost love enough.