[11]

Enjoy ;)

~~~Annabelle's POV~~~

I woke up the next morning, refreshed but feeling a little guilty so I decided to make breakfast.

I looked at the clock in the room and saw that it is just a little after 7, way too early but I'm awake now so there is no way I am going to go back to sleep any time soon.

I get up and get changed in some other shorts and a crop top, loving the way everything feels so free. There will be no more tight clothing and push up bras that dig into my sides.

It's nice to be back to simple but sexy underwear and bras, not something your grandma wears but not runway either.

I quickly tie my hair up into a high ponytail and leave my face makeup less and go downstairs, bare footed, except for the thick fluffy socks. Those are awesome.

It takes me about 5 minutes to find the kitchen but when I do, I'm speechless.

This is the kitchen from the magazines and every cooks dream. I know that the one back at Matt's is just as nice and bigger but this just feels more like a home that the other one.

I walk over to the fridge and open it to see it filled with everything you could need from milk to desserts to vegetables and fruits.

I decide to make something simple and take out the ingredients to make pancakes and melt some chocolate , even though there is some Nutella in one of the cupboards.

I look around, looking for a place for me to place my phone so I can play some music and see a Bose dock station and quickly put my phone on shuffle and start making breakfast.

I make 20 pancakes, just in case, melt some chocolate, whip some fresh cream and make a platter of all the fruits I found in the fridge.

One of my current favourite songs come on and I start singing along and dancing around the kitchen. I haven't been able to dance, even in my room for a long time because of my injuries.

After about half an hour everything is done and I have the table set.

When I turn around to set the forks and knives I see Nathan standing in the doorway and staring at me. He is shirtless and I let myself look at him for just a minute since I haven't seen this view in 2 months, and what a view it is might I add.

I turn around and turn the music off and sit down in one of the chairs.

"Morning." I say looking up at his face.

He is still staring at me with a small smile on his face but not moving to sit down.

"Are you going to sit down?" I tease him with a little smile of my own.

He snaps out of whatever he was in and moves forward to sit down.

"I missed seeing your smile." is the first thing he says to me and I feel my cheeks start to heat up. He chuckles a little and we start eating in a comfortable silence.

I have no idea how he stays in shape when he ate more than 10 pancakes.

When we were finished with those he moves his chair to my side of the table and I just looked at him weirdly as he gave me a smirk.

"Relax." he murmurs and picks up a strawberry and dips it in chocolate and brings it up to my lips.

I'm still looking at him suspiciously but suddenly the kitchen is very hot, oh the irony.

I bite down on the strawberry and close my eyes at the sweetness of the fruit with the mix of the chocolate. I've always loved fruit and mix in chocolate you have every girls dream.

When I open my eyes I see him staring at me, well mostly my lips and I feel some chocolate still on my lips and I go to lick it but he leans forward and I lean back.

"What are you doing?" I ask him breathlessly when he continues to lean in and now I'm in a really uncomfortable position, leaning back into the chair.

"Why are you moving away from me?" he says in a kind of hurt voice.

"Why are you pushing me?" I return with a question because I have no idea how to answer his.

"I need to be close to you and you keep moving away from me. You had chocolate on your lips and I wanted to lick it off." he says in a husky voice as he is once more staring at my lips.

"If I let you close like this then my defences will crumble and then you'll win again." I say honestly.

He looks at me sadly but moves back a little so I can sit up right again but he still close to me, just that now I'm not parallel to the floor anymore.

"I know I broke my promise and you have no idea how guilty I feel. I feel like shit because I didn't come and look for you, that night when you skyped me I was going to come over and talk to you but then Laura showed up...." I interrupt him before he can recount that painful night.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, we are not together and I have no reason to be jealous or you to feel sorry for nothing." I say in a cold tone and see disbelief and anger rise in his eyes.

He stands up and pull my chair so I am trapped between him and the counter, no way of leaving like I wanted. The he grabs me by my waist and sets me on top of the counter and once again leans towards me and looks into my eyes.

"Don't you ever say that again! We may not have some piece of paper to say that we are together but my heart belongs to you and that's the important thing. I will do anything for you but first you have to be willing to let me in and I desperately want to know all of you." he whispers the last part which is a huge contrast because he was shouting at the beginning and somehow made his last words even more powerful.

I want to believe him so badly but no one in my life has ever been there for me and why would he be the one to start?

He could have any woman he wants and he showed me that, clear as day. I tried to push away from him but he caught my hands and wrapped them around his waist and me close to him so there was no space between our bodies and it seems my breath has run away as well.

Traitor.

"Don't fight me." he says and leans forward, just a centimeter away from my lips. I don't think I'll be able to pull away this time.

"I have to." I answer him and he growls low in his throat.

"I'm yours and you need to accept that!" he raises his voice at me.

I feel anger rising in me and I know he can see it because he is looking at me confused.

"You haven't done anything to show me that. All you've said are empty words." I yell at him too.

"How do you think I feel that you have to be in his house and with all day and share his bed while I sit in my office, dreaming of you and having nothing to grow into a reality, not even a little bit of hope. I miss you every second and when you stood me up, I just fell and fell but there was no ending. Yes, I slept with Laura but the whole time it was you and at the end I realized what a mistake I made. The promise of that weekend kept me going and then when you couldn't make it I thought the worst and I'm sorry. You can't imagine how much it pains me to see you hurt but let me show you and I promise you, I will get you out of that hell hole and love you until I die." he says before taking a breath.

"I love you Annabelle." he whispers and the tears in my eyes fall freely as I lean up to kiss him.