[1]

As l got up from the soft bed, l tried to keep my mind happy and focused on the day ahead. It was the morning of my wedding day.

Today I am going to marry a guy I have never seen before and only know by name. My future husband's name is Matt White, and he is a very busy business man and I am lucky to be chosen as his wife.

At least that's what I've been told.

My whole life I have been trained to marry some important man and be a good asset to him as well bringing my family's name up in society. l am to be the perfect wife that would make any man proud.

Today that would become true and I had absolutely no say in this decision whatsoever.

I walk over to one of the many closets in the room. Yes, there are multiple closets in the room, for each of the clothing sections and all of the clothes have been picked out by my future husband.

The closet l am currently in, is the underwear one. Mr White has made it quite clear I am to wear clothes that are only up to his standard and that includes what I have on underneath them.

Each bra is matched to a pair of underwear and each one has a date placed in front of them to make sure l don't wear the wrong pair.

Today's choice is white, but of course he would make it so predictable as to pick white on our wedding day.

Even though I have already said that I have never seen my fiancé but he has a whole book of me every year since l was born, just to make sure I was attractive enough and was at a good enough standard to join his elite family. What makes it even worse than him having an album of me, my mother insisted on having bikini and nude shoots done for him as well. She said a wife must perform her duties, so she must not be shy to obey and show herself to her husband.

I hated those shoots, I mean who would like to stared at naked for 5 hours and have the pictures sent to a complete stranger, even if he was to be your husband, he was still a stranger.

I put on the lace underwear but I don't need to put on a bra because my dress is pretty tight and has a small one already built in. I look up at the clock on the wall and see that it is 9:30am, which means that my mother should be coming into my room any minute to start the preparations for my 2pm wedding.

Speak of the devil and it shall appear.

My mother politely knocks on my door to make sure that I am awake, mind you not to see if l am decent. Privacy does not exist in my parent's world.

"Annabelle, why didn't you call for me to tell me you were awake?" my mothers stern and cold voice rings in my ears.

"Mother, I would have but I just woke up." that brought a frown on her face.

"Why are you up so late? I thought I told you I would be here at 9:30am sharp. You know that means that you wake up at least 2 hours before our meeting and you get yourself up to standard and to look presentable. God, what will Matt think of your tardiness." she scolds me like a little child.

Sometimes it's very hard to bite my tongue and keep quiet.

"I am sorry mother, i assure you that will not happen in my marriage." I use the most polite voice I could manage at the moment, seeing as I am seething with anger. To my advantage it seems my mother is not paying any attention to me and does not even notice the edge to my voice. Only words matter to her, not what she is putting her daughter through.

During this conversation I had crossed my arms over my chest to cover myself a little bit. That made my mother scowl even more. I can't do anything right ,can I?

"You will not be crossing your arms like a little girl in front of Matt will you? Tonight you will be performing your wifely duties..." l wince at that. I am definitely not looking forward to that.

My one and only secret would be discovered tonight. My only act of rebellion that I did against my parents and their plan was to go out to a bar, find an attractive guy and lose my virginity. Of course, my parents don't know, otherwise I would be in a lot of trouble.

Yes, as well as not meeting my groom I was expected to be a virgin on our wedding night. It was to show my 'commitment' to my husband. To me it's a load of bullshit. What if I ended up with a 50 year old man that is more repulsive than Gargamel in the Smurfs?

"...you will listen to him and do exactly as he says. You have no rights in the bedroom. The nights are only for your husband's pleasure and you are there to provide that. Do I make myself clear?" my mother finishes her not so little rant.

"Yes, mother. You have told me on other occasions as well. I will do my best to be the best wife possible." I repeat the words I have been repeating since I was 15. They work every time, to calm my mother that they have trained me well. To be the perfect wife.

"Now, let's get on with making you look beautiful. Since we know that takes a lot of work and time." the last part she murmurers to herself, but l hear it and it makes me clench my jaw. What a lovely mother I have, don't you think?

For the next 3 hours I went through: waking, plucking, makeup, hair, nails and whatever you can think off to make me look 'presentable'. Those were probably the longest 3 hours of my life but I should be used to this by now, since this has been my morning routine for 5 years.

Now it was finally time to put on my wedding dress which was a 'Sheath Empire Waist Flower One Shoulder Chiffon Satin Court Train Beach Wedding Dress', or that's what the designer told me. I have to admit the dress is gorgeous. This was probably the only thing that I had a say in.

My wedding dress and I was super pleased with it.

As you can probably guess my mother hated the dress. Said it was too simple and the train wasn't long enough and it wasn't wide enough. I love the simplicity and elegance about it.

As I had my wedding dress on, it finally hit me that I was getting married today! I knew that of course, but sometimes you knowing something does not mean that it has sunk in and become reality, if you know what I mean.

It was now 1:15pm and all the preparations were done and my father was waiting outside to walk me down the aisle.

It's now or never.

~~Edited: 17.07.2015~~