02-rain

[y/n's pov]

I WOKE up by myself this morning, which is strange because back in Colorado, Coni usually wakes me up. 

I opened my eyes and looked over at Coni's sleeping spot, and there she was, snoozing.

I checked my phone lazily. It was 11AM. 

I rubbed my eyes until i could see phosphenes. Then i rolled out of bed and fell face-first onto the floor.

Groaning, i got up and combed one of my hands through my hair.

I walked over to Coni's bed. "Hi, my sugar plum! Good morning!" i coo and pet her fur.

The sun outside was beaming, and palm trees with droplets of leftover rain were sparkling bright.

I decided to plan out my day in my head.

Plan for today:
groceries
pc set up

The forecast on my phone showed a bit of rain and clouds mixed in. I don't know why, but i expected Florida to have everlasting sunshine. I guess i was wrong.

I walked over to the kitchen, then suddenly remembered my fridge was bare.

I jogged my ass up back to my room and changed into a gray zip up with a white Nike sports bra, strap sticking out for fashion, of course.

I pulled on some black yoga pants to match, and did my hair in a low ponytail.

Since it was already starting to sprinkle and i didn't really want to dry off Coni's thick fur, i decided not to bring along the pup.

I went up to her and gave her a kiss on the head.

"I'll be back soon." i smiled, and rubbed behind her ears.

-~-~-

FOR THE second time that week, i was back at Safeway.

As soon as i entered, the classic smell of the store filled my nose and i shimmied a bit in delight, because i lowkey loved grocery shopping.

With a rolling cart under my hands, i went to almost all of the isles.

I picked out the basics; eggs, milk, creamer, a big pitcher of Arizona Iced Tea, already-made Starbucks cold brew, bread, Nutella, jam, a bag of shredded cheese, tortillas, salsa, tortilla chips, and macaroni.

I figured that i could make a bunch of things with all of that.

While i was browsing the pasta isle, i remember that this was where that guy in khaki pants fell. There was still a brown stain on the floor, but very faint.

"Uhm...excuse me?" i heard a small, male voice say.

I spun around slowly.

"Hi!" the boy waved. He was wearing a t-shirt and jean shorts, and looked about 9.

"Hi!" i waved, clueless but nice. I honestly had no idea why this boy was in front of my feet, and where his parents were, but i wasn't about to be cancelled for being rude.