Chapter 28

"That was a funny joke! Tell me another one and I'll try to beat you" said Amber in between fits of laughter as she hit Jasper lightly on his arm.

"Alaina, " whispered someone, making me flinch in surprise, "unclench your fists. They're turning white. Just go up and disrupt their moment."

I turned to Cassidy as I huffed out in anger, "like I said, I'm not mean and... I'll just let them be. Remember I said that I think i like him."

"Trust me, that think is now a totally. "

" NEVER." I puffed, "ever ever NEVER ever!"

"Whatever happened to that fierce girl that we saw when we first met." said Cassidy with disappointment written in her eyes.

"She's there just not here at the moment." I said as I turned to look at Jasper and Amber with a longing gaze.

I know that I'm a stupid fool and I'm sure many of your if not all of your, are cursing at me and shouting at me to just admit that I do have a major crush on Jasper and that I should buck up and stop acting like a pussy. While he's still single, snatch the guy right?

I want to do that and Gosh! The horrible horrible fast beating of my heart is gonna kill me but I just can't seem to tell him anything. Amber's my friend but I loathe her so much at this moment for getting to laugh with him and gaining his interest in her. It's unfair. Very unfair and painful.

His smile invades my mind every time. His words are etched into my mind like tattoo on skin. His laughter conquering every part of my consciousness and like a disease that can never be cured, it gets worse every day. I'm falling and I wonder when I'll be able to get up.

"Alaina " said someone, bringing or rather, dragging me back down to what everyone calls reality. "What do you want to eat?"

I looked at my surrounding, soaking in the fact that we were now in a café that sold cakes with different designs and flavours, pastas and milkshakes. The café had a homey feel with bright yellow wallpapers and leather brown chairs that replaced people in the night, along with marble floors that glistened under the lights that came from DIY lanterns.

I glanced at the menu and said that i wanted a Aglio Olio spaghetti and a chocolate milkshake with extra whipping before continuing with my unwanted debate between not liking and liking Jasper. All i hoped for was that my mind and my mouth didn't co-operate with each other or my secret's gonna be out of the bag.

Perhaps, it was just a figment of my imagination. Pergaps, it was just his words that got me caught up in a web. Maybe, i'm just delusional, imagining things that decided to conjure itself up in my mind like my aunt imagining unwanted things. But there was a difference...

My aunt imagined unwanted things but i think that my imagination was because... i wanted it and i guess... that was the answer. I never realized that it was there all along. Maybe, all the while, i just tried to hide behind a LIE rather than stand up before TRUTH.

" Hey, me and Amber are gonna go somewhere for a while." Said Jasper as he got up and grabbed Amber's arm so that she was standing beside him, " Your just stay here. We'll be back in about an hour. If your want to walk around call us first and tell us where your are going. We'll take our leave now so see your later." they then waved goodbye and left Cassidy with a frown and me who had realized something. Me, whose final debate had just finished. Me, who despite all the denials, knew that it was always there. Me, who decided to stand up before TRUTH. Me...who finally accepted it.

I did not just like him, i loved him and now... i guess... it was too late. I hadn't realized it but a frown was plastered upon my face along with tears daring to spill out.

Oh, what am i going to do?

••••••♥♥♥♥•••••••

Hey there everyone! Hope that your liked this chapter! I felt sad for Alaina to be honest like gosh... i feel like i shouldnt have done that to her but its all part of the story so... im sorry Alaina... you just got to be brave. Yay! Like merida! I love her!

Anyways, COMMENT/VOTE/FOLLOW

AND ALWAYS SMILE AND BE HAPPY! :)

Kat.