Chapter 4

The usual sunny day. Nothing ever changes around here does it? except maybe the fact that my peaceful life had been disrupted by Jasper and Cassidy, mostly Cassidy cause Jasper rarely talks unless it's something funny or if he says that he was hungry. Other than that, every day was the same.

     Today was a school holiday because some random weird  chickens and deers decided to cause havoc by running around my school, destroying things along the way. This, however was not an unusual thing at my school. It is in fact very common and it is also one of the reasons why almost every week we have tests because they thought that by having holidays for such incidents, students would diligently study what they have learned which is so not true.

     So, here I am in the beautiful bookstore that I work at. All was peaceful. Silence filled the air. No annoying laughter and no one to disturb my beautiful adventures. So Sweet, so lovely, so wondrously wonderful! Not!

     Just when I thought that everything was fine, four  people that I didn't want to see came in. The first was Jasper and Cassidy. I've gotten used to seeing them  but the people that came next were the ones that made me drop the book that I was reading and Then I was fleeing, fast walking quietly to the "Employee only" room Where Savannah was.

    She turned to look at me just as the door slammed closed and a terrified me stood.

     "what's wrong?" asked Savannah worriedly.

     "T-T-T-They're here." I stuttered.

     "Who's here? Jasper and Cassidy?" asked Savannah.

     "No! Them.. " I said.

     " Them?" and then  Savannah's eyes widen in realization, "Oh them!!!Oh dear! Stay here! Don't come out till I tell you to. "

       I nodded my head and Savannah went out to meet my predators.

      "Hello! How may I help you?" asked Savannah.

      "Where's that girl!" I heard the older woman scream.      

       "What girl? It's only me and those two over there. No one else." lied Savannah smoothly.

     " Don't lie! We know she's here!" growled the younger girl.

     "What?" said Savannah.

     "Hey you!" I heard the younger girl Call, "Yeah, you with the one who looks so fake and overly perky. Do your know someone whose name is Alaina  and she works here? About your age, maybe like one or two years younger than your."

      "No!" came the firm reply from Cassidy and Then Savannah spoke again, "See. Now if your are going to cause a ruckus and cause me my customers, then  I'll Call the authorities. Now you either leave on your own or I'll do it  the hard way. "

     I could literally hear their glare boring a hole into Savannahs head.

     "We're not finished." came the crude reply and  then the familiar jingle of the doorbell rang and Then silence.

     It wasn't the peaceful kind of silence but the silence that could kill. I sat there in the room hugging my legs tightly as i sat on the floor and then the room door opened and there stood Savannah.

     "It's Alright Alaina. They're gone. They're not gonna hurt you again. They'll never be able to find you. " soothed Savannah.

     I took a deep breath and slowly got up to sit on the chair.