Chapter 12

The rain pelted down like petals falling from the sky.

    It was beautiful.

    The only thing that showed the rain's true colours was the loud thunder that sounded like large metals hitting against each other. The lightning zoomed past the sky and down to earth, making a warning signal that sent shivers down your spine.

     According to the radio, there was to be a storm that could flood almost everywhere.

    Storms were common in Lexertown but storms that could flood almost everywhere, was not. And here I am in my little tent, gathering all my things while a storm approaches.

    Once I've gathered all my stuff, I headed to the bookstore which like I said before, is not that far.

    "Alaina! Sweetie! You made it just in time. Quickly, lock the door and use the shutters for the storm." ordered Savannah.

    I did as I was told and as I was about to lock the door, a face appeared. It looked like as if I was staring at death with his long jacket thingy and and a Hood covering his face and I did the most logical thing to do right there,  I screamed just as he started to knock on the glass door. "Could you please let me inside" he said.

    "Are you gonna kill me?" I asked.

     " No." he answered.

     "How can I trust you? The criminals always deny everything. " I said.

    "Alaina!  Just let him in. " said Savannah from behind me.

    I stared warily at the hooded  men and said, "Fine but stranger, once you step inside this place, you'll have to show yourself. Take off that Hood and surrender your weapons. You got it? "

     The stranger nodded his head and I let him in. He took off his hooded jacket to reveal a tall boy with dark wavy chocolate brown hair and beautiful turquoise eyes. Then he just stood still.

    "Aren't you going to surrender your weapons?" I asked.

     "I don't have any cause I'm not going to kill you. The only thing that I have, is my wallet and my phone cause I'm just so sure that I can kill both you Alaina  and Aunt Savannah with these two." he said, sarcasm dripping all over his every word but the way he said it made it sound Sweet like maple syrup on the pancake.

     "Aunt? Savannah is your aunt?" I questioned. Since when did Savannah have a nephew?

    "Since a long time ago sweetie." said Savannah.

   "I thought aloud again didn't I?"

   "Yup." smiled Savannah. I mentally groaned at my stupid mouth and brain. I'm still willing to change my brain with someone else's.

    "He's my sister's son and he's one year older than you." said Savannah.

    "Right and He's here because...."

    "Because.... why are you here Cayden?" asked Savannah.

    "I just arrived in town and I wanted to say hello but then it started to rain and yeah... you get the rest. "

      The thunder boomed loudly outside and the whipping of the wind caused the trees to bend more than a gymnast could.

     "Why do you have so many camping stuff here?" asked Cayden.

    "Erm... " crabbypattymudpie! What was I supposed to say?  Ding! The lightbulb service has fixed the Broken lightbulb and the lightbulb is now shining as bright as ever. A smile tried to crept it's way up my face but I kept pushing it down so my face seemed like a contorted mess. That's quite scary If you think about it.