Chapter 9

" what consumes your mind, controls your soul."

                                                 -Unknown.

~~~~~~~******~~~~~~

       I have a fear of the dark. Even when I'm sleeping in my little tent, I have so much fear that it takes me a long while to fall asleep so I saved up some money to buy a little lamp. The downside was that it attracted insects so... that sucked.

     The lights were off and I couldn't see and it was scaring the sh-heck out of me!

      "Wh-wh-why is the lights off?" I managed to stutter.

     "I don't know." said Cassidy unsurely which sent a tidal wave full of panic all over me and I was just shaking there like a leaf.

     Breathe in...breathe out. If I can handle this in my tent, I can handle it here and now but the problem was that this place had No lamps whatsoever and the street outside was just as  dark as the inside of the house!

    Suddenly, I heard something shuffle past and I started screaming.

     "What happened?" asked Cassidy just as three figures came running up.

     "What happened?" said one of the voice who I recognized as Mr.Hendrix.

     "N-nothing. I just thought I heard something." I said trilled.

     Then, I heard the shuffling again and I started whimpering in fear. "Please tell me your heard that?" I cried out.

     I couldn't see their expressions but I could tell that they  had on a curious face.

     "Hang on. I'm going to go downstairs to see if I can get the lights back on." said Mr.Hendrix, "Cassidy, where's that torchlight that you always keep in case of situations like this?"

      "It's not for situations like this but I think it's in the third drawer." said Cassidy as she started to grope around the place beside us, "Alright! I got it!"

     Cassidy handed Mr.Hendrix the torchlight and I wanted so much so to just steal that torchlight. Instead, I asked "Do you have an extra torchlight?"

     "No. Unfortunately." said Cassidy and I felt my stomach drop in disappointment.

      "Mr.Hendrix, can I come with you?" I asked. I had an ulterior motive of course and that motive was to hold the torchlight.

     "Sure. Do you wanna hold the torchlight or-"

    "Yes!" I shouted without hesitation earning a chuckle from everyone including Jasper.

     I followed Mr.Hendrix down the stairs, to the kitchen and once we found the circuit breaker, the lights unfortunately didn't come on again and so Mr.Hendrix took out his phone to call those people who fix this kind of stuff.

      Making our way up again was like climbing up to your doom. The darkness just seemed so overpowering to me and to make matters worse, the torchlight started to flicker and after flickering a bit more, it died.

     "No! You can't die on me!" I shouted in desperation as I started to hit the part Where the battery was stored.

     "Who can't die on who?" asked Mr.Hendrix.

     "The torchlight can't die on me!" I stated, "I need it to survive!"

     "You won't die silly. " laughed Mr.Hendrix as we reached Cassidy's room.