Chapter 29

A few days after my not so secretive discovery of me lov... ing Jasper. *cough cough* still hits me hard right there... the discovery of it all, that is, everything went by in a blur and here i am sitting on the couch in the living room watching Jasper and Amber laugh and whisper who knows what to each other.

I soon found myself crushing all the chips that, unfortunately, got in the way of my hands.

"You alright?" asked Cassidy cautiously.

"Me? I'm perfectly fine. Fantastically fine. Can't you hear my heart breaking? Oh wait no, cause i'm just splendid." I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh you jelly! Someone' s so jelly that her bread is not here with her." Laughed Cassidy.

I stared at her with an incredulous look, " that was lame beyond lame" i deadpanned.

" well excuse moi for trying which is what you should be doing too. They're not even together and if you didn't even try that you have no damn right to get angry. Cassidy's wise words of wisdom right here!" she hollered as she waved her hand in the air.

" Oh gosh! You embarrass me at times, you know that?"

"In life, you either embarrass yourself or let other people embarrass you. TAKE my advice. I'm pretty smart." Winked Cassidy as she patted my shoulder.

"You? Smart? Don't make me laugh" i said rather rudely.

"Well, that was mean of you."

"Aren't i always mean?" I said with a roll of my fabulous eyeballs.

" You mean sweetie. Too mean. Not good. Totally not good." Said Cassidy as she made an effort to pronounce each word slowly while making an ugly face that kind of reminded me of a duck, or an elephant's butt.

"Cass, don't make that face especially in front of your boyfriend. You look too ugly for anything. " i shook my head in disapproval but Cassidy didn't give no shit like honey badger. She made that same face again and she stuffed it in front of my face as she held my face in place so that i couldn't look anywhere else.

I tried to maintain my poker face but it started to contort and i found myself laughing uncontrollably.

What made it torturous was the fact that she didn't let go of my face and so my face was like a fish trying to laugh. Just imagine that in your mind for a second. A fish, swimming happily through the ocean and then it starts puffing its cheeks in a feeble attempt to laugh. Did you picture it? Good.

" what are your laughing at?" Asked Jasper as he and Amber gloriously strolled in.

I looked at them and my mood instantly changed as i snapped at them " none of your business. If your weren't in the circle, then your don't have to know."

I saw them look at each other with confusion and out of the corner of my eye, i saw Cassidy smack her forehead with her palm. I simply ignored all of them and went up to my room.

Truth be told, i was hoping someone would come and ask if everything was alright but that wasn't the case because obviously when two people like each other, no one cares or notice if someone else is hurt or missing.

After an hour or so, a hollow knock resonated through my room and a voice spoke, making my stomach flutter just the slightest. " Alaina? Can i come in? "

An internal debate started to rage on as the decision finally landed on the one where i would most probably regret. " No."

" You sure? Or do you prefer a drive round town. Just the two of us?"