Chapter 20

It's amazing how a beautiful moment can be ruined in so many ways. First there was the continuous rapping on my tent, followed by the arrival of policemen pulling me out and then the arrival of the Queenbees. Lastly, the questioning.

     "So," said one of the policewomen, "I heard that you are a runaway, is that right?"

    I rolled my eyes secretly and nodded my head as she continued, "could you please tell me your full name, date of birth and NRIC please?"

    Should I lie or should I not lie? Either ways they'll send me to a hell-hole so I chose the latter. I told her everything and she nodded her head in approval. She checked a few other things and then smiled at me, "well, it's good to know that we managed to find you. Many girls go missing, most of them are runaways just like you but unfortunately, they meet the wrong people and this ultimately led them to their untimely death.  Go back home alright?  it's safer there."

    I gave her a weak smile and nodded my head but as she was walking away I muttered quietly under my breath, "Here is safer than home."

     I saw her flinch just a little but she continued to walk away. I sighed and looked up at the sky. So, she heard me... but she didn't care. 

       When there was no more questions left to be asked, the dramaqueens came in and played their role, pretending to be all caring for me and such. I let them hug me but I was gonna burn the clothes I wore for sure.

      Just then, I heard someone call my name and I turned around to see Jasper and Cassidy running up to meet me. " Why are there so many policemen? And why... are you with those two?" asked Jasper as he glared at the dramaqueens.

      I was about to say something but the Evil Queen covered my mouth with her hand, "She ran away from home and since we could never find her, we called the police for help. She is afterall my brother's daughter and it's only right that we take care of her. Sorry  for the Last meeting that we had. We were panicking and so we kind of lost our senses and were very rude to your. Sorry about that. Rachelle, apologize to them."

     "Sorry. We- I mean I, really didn't mean it

We were just so upset that we couldn't find her." said Rachelle with a voice too sweet for comfort.

      Jasper and Cassidy glanced at me and I used that opportunity to shake my head in denial as well as to use my eyes to call for help but I guess they didn't get the message for they just nodded their heads.

      "Well, it's good to know that your understand our position. Don't worry we'll let your see her once in a while but it would be preferable if your come over instead of she going out. You may never know, she might try to run away again." Said the Evil Queen.

    "Yeah...sure. So, Alaina,  we'll see you around. " said Jasper as they walked away. I fought back a tear. I didn't want to go back. I just didn't want to but how am I supposed to tell the police anything, no one will believe me.

      A policemen then appeared by our sides and the Evil Queen immediately uncovered my mouth as she slid that hand to my shoulder.  "Are your ready to go?" Asked the policemen.  The Evil Queen nodded her head

as we went inside the policemen's car.

    The drive to the house was a long and quiet one and when we were finally there, they still had their act going on.

       "Don't run away anymore alright? It isn't safe" and then the policemen leaned closer to my ear to whisper, "and your friends told me to give this to you secretly." he handed me a small slip of paper and then he straightened his back, and with a tip of his hat, he said farewell but he didn't move. Just yet.