Chapter 30

"So, You're going to dance together with Jasper Huh?" Said Cayden (Savannah's nephew if y'all have forgotten). He had come over to visit us and the first thing he gave me and Savannah was a hug and a big chocolate bar along with some sweets which was really nice of him.

"For a dance competition, Yes." I said with my mouth full of sweets.

"Alaina. Swallow before you talk." Said Savannah as she rearranged a book shelf.

I did as I was told and looked at Cayden expectantly. " Well, aren't you happy? The boy you have a massive crush on will be staring at you and he will be holding your hands. Isn't that wonderful?"

"Hah! He has his eyes set on someone else and how the heck did you know that I liked him? Do you even know his name?"

"Yeah. I just said his name when I asked about your dance. Aunt Savannah told me about him so... not my fault!" Said Cayden with his hands up in surrender.

"Savannah!!!" I groaned, " why did you tell him?!"

"Sweetie, listen to me. I didn't tell him, my sister did. Not my fault!" And just like Cayden, she raised her hands up in surrender as she shook her head with her so called innocent look.

"Please tell me that your didn't tell the whole neighbourhood or something?" I sighed as I slumped lazily against the counter.

"No we didn't. We're actually awesome at keeping secrets. " said Cayden as he sent another message.

"Good. Anyways, who are you texting?" I asked.

"None of your business." He said, sticking his tongue out.

"one more time you stick that tongue out at me and I'm gonna pull it down so hard you won't be able to hide it in your mouth again." I said threateningly.

"Right right. "

" I mean it Cayden. "

"Of course you are." Said Cayden with a smirk.

Just then, the door bell rang signalling a customer who turned out to be Cassidy, mark and Jasper.

"Oh it's just your." I said as my shoulders slumped in disappointment.

"Wow! We're hurt Alaina. We thought that you would be happy to see us but I see that we were wrong. Mark, Jasper, I think I'm going to die. An arrow has been shot through my heart and the murderer's name is Alaina. Avenge me my fellow royal court assemblymen." And then she staggered to the ground, holding her heart as she went down and after several horrible fake gagging, she collapse to the ground only to get up and shout "avenge me!" Once more before completely laying still on the ground.

I rolled my eyes and scratched my head, " Cass, the floor is dirty. You know I stepped on dog shit and wiped my foot around this whole place. I haven't moped the place yet. I think there was this one time Where I stepped on gum and another time when I stepped on someone's spit and who knows if little creatures like say... some rats peed on the floor. I honestly have no idea if there are insects building their homes right below your nose and who knows if-"

"Alright! I'm up!" Said Cassidy as she jumped to her feet like a ninja. " did all of that really happen though?"

"Who knows?" I said with a smile.

"Aw gross!" Grumbled Cassidy, " I need to shower. Do I smell, Mark?"

We all turned to look at him. All of us, except Cassidy, were telling to him play along with my joke with our eyes and I guess he caught on as he replied, " yeah! There's a faint shit smell but it's there Alright and hold still. There's a spider in your hair."