Chapter 31

The days went by and it finally came to the day before the competition. It was weird to say the least, the way we got here.

I was just chilling in the house waiting for Jasper and Cassidy to wake up but i got bored after a while and so i got up and left the house.

Their house was huge and even though i've been staying there for almost a year, i still get lost. I, however, after much will and determination chanting, finally got out of the frontyard and out of the front gate.

I walked aimlessly around town where there seemed to be only one soul who re-bothered to wake up this early, me. It was seven a.m. mind you. Not that early.

I decided to listen to some pumped up songs since the air was a suffocating silence and boy do i hate this kind of silence. There was no cricket cricking, no bird chirping, no bees buzzing. Just plain old horrid silence. The silence that involves hearing something that sounds like a broken television.

If it was the other silence, then i wouldn't mind. The silence that makes it perfect for daydreaming which means that it is a silence perfect for reading. The silence that makes you want to cuddle up and sleep and the silence that lets you know that mother nature's creatures are busy working.

As i listed out all the pros and cons of the different silences in this world, i bumped into someone and that someone was Amber. Yes,the Amber who makes me want to cry out of jealousy and grief for the love and affection from the one i love, is upon her.

"Hey." Said Amber with a smile.

"Hey..." i said with a polite nod of the head.

"So, you haven't been talking to me lately. Is there a reason? Did i do something wrong?" She asked with a hint of sadness laced in with her voice. In fact, her voice seemed to crack at the end.

"No reason. Erm...how do i say this..." i looked at the ground and thought for a while before looking back at her, "i guess it's because Jasper has been hogging you to himself everytime you hang out with us."

"Yeah. That's true but you could've called me using their house phone to ask me to hang out with you without Jasper there." She had a point and damn, i couldn't think of anything.

" erm... i just... didn't have the time?" I tried.

"That's a question. You hate me don't you? Just say it. I'm a burden who always sits with you during lunch, who always complains to you about my problems. Don't ignore me like this. It hurts more than you telling me that you hate me." She looked away to wipe a tear, i believe, away.

I sighed, unsure of what to say exactly but i guess i had no choice but to tell her though i didn't want to but i had no other reasons to lie. " Amber, i don't hate you." I begun but she cut me off.

"Then what?!" She said, an octave higher than her normal octave.

"Chill. I'm getting to that." I said calmly, "It's true that Jasper has been hogging you but that's only part of the reason why i've been ignoring you. You see, i have...a...cru-cru-crush on Jasper but he only has eyes for you. I mean, he calls you out all the time. He only talks to you and he's always whispering in your ear, telling you jokes, grabbing your arm to pull you to somewhere where your cannot be seen by neither me nor Cassidy. I'm just jealous of you really and i bet that you like him too. I don't hate you and i don't intend to. "

There was an awkward silence before Amber started laughing out loud, "You? Jealous of me? If anyone has to be Jealous, it should be me! Alaina! You got it all wrong. You are wrong in every aspect. First things first, i don't like Jasper. I don't even have any romantic feelings for him at all. Second thing, don't be so down. Just be patient and see what happens. " Amber gave me a huge smile of encouragement followed by a wink.