Chapter 8

I went walking with my momma one day when she told me what people say.....

~~~~~~••••••~~~~~~

      Yes people! I was walking, but not to the bookstore not to school but to my classroom. Today is a Friday which means that I'm staying over at the Hendrix house and it just so happens that my story starts off in school today.

      Lalala! skippidy skippidy doo. skip skip ouch!! why do I keep bumping into people? It's so weird...I'm like a magnet to people.

      "Oh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking in front of me. Sorry." said a girl whose head was hanging down and who looked oddly familiar.

      "Do I know you?" I asked.

      "Erm... I don't think so." said the girl with her head still down.

        "You sure? cause I'm pretty sure that we've met. Hmmm... if you don't mind could you look Up at me."

         She looked up and my suspicions was cleared, for it was Amber! The girl I helped yesterday.

      " I knew I've seen you before. You're Amber right? From yesterday?" I said with a grin.

      " Y-yeah. Erm..." she suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to the staircase  Where thankfully, there were No one else there, by No one else, I mean couples. "Don't talk to me please."

        I looked at her questioningly and of course curiosity always wins and so I asked "why?"

       "Just don't."

       "Well, I'm not gonna stop bothering you till you tell me why." The reason I wanna talk to her is because I can tell that she's not like those rich snobs and all that and she's probably like me who just wants to be a part of society especially in school.

       She gave me a short but annoyed glare and sighed, " It's..it's for your own good. Those people yesterday weren't the only ones and I'm kinda used to it so it's OK. "

        "Is it really?" I asked with an eyebrow raised and with my arms crossed over my chest. "Tell me, is it really OK? For you to let them do that to you? Don't you wanna be free? Free from all this snobs?"

        "Yeah. I mean who wouldn't. And why are we having this conversation when we're not even friends?" asked Amber.

      "Who said we aren't friends? You're my Friend now if you want to be cause I wanna be your Friend. That sounded so weird...but still... friends or not?"

        She looked at me and gave a small smile before giving a hesitant reply, "s-sure but I'm like a cactus full of spikes... I'm always alone. "

     "If you look carefully at all the cactuses, there are some Where there is another cactus growing right beside them and there are flowers too so basically you are not alone. " I said with a smile and then, the bell rang and we were running out the door to our classrooms.

    ***

    "So, Where  are you going after this?" asked Amber.

     "The bookstore. I work there and then I'm going to erm... someone's house." I said.

     " Ooohhh!!! can I come? to the bookstore I mean. "

      "Yeah sure. Just don't be too surprised by who my so-called friends who I like to call acquaintances are."