Chapter 5

"Ooohhhh!!!!Alaina, Don't you think this blouse  would look nice with that high waisted shorts that I bought?" asked Cassidy as she held up a white blouse with a long black stripe down the middle.

       "Yeah." I said nonchalantly.

       "Alaina, you don't seem to be having fun." said Cassidy.

       " Oh wow that was so obvious!" I said sarcastically, "and yes, I'm not having fun. At all."

      "But why?" asked Cassidy.

      "Cause I hate shopping. " I sighed and looked at Jasper, "when do we get to eat at that famous Burger store that your adore so greatly?"

      He didn't say anything instead, he just shrugged.

       "Gosh, when someone asks you a question, don't you know you are supposed to answer?" I said, smirking at the fact that I was using his own words on him.

       An annoyed expression formed on his face as he started to Scowl at me, "For your information, I did answer you with a shrug."

       "Oh really? Then what does that shrug mean? You see, you need to answer with words not actions. " I said.

       His eye twitched but he replied calmly, "It means that I don't know. Cassidy takes forever so ask her."

        "Hey!" shouted Cassidy, "I do not take forever!" 

        "Ask her and don't disturb me." said Jasper.

       What's his problem? Is he like pmsing or something? If that's the case then that would explain it all. He's weird...

       "Cassidy?" I hollered.

       "If you're wondering when we're going to eat, I would say in an hour's time unless... your want to go first?" said Cassidy.

       I turned to Jasper and then I replied, " Erm...  I'll meet you there then. " and then I left without bothering to wait up for the pms-er.

       I walked aimlessly in the shopping centre cause that idiot pms-er did not follow me even though he heard me tell Cassidy loud and clear, that I wanted to go and eat first but clearly, he didn't care. See! All these snobs are all the same. It'll never change.

       I walked past a gazillion stores and then I realized something, I was walking around in circles. This shopping mall was huge and I suck at reading maps and I didn't want to talk to strangers so I just tried to find my way. On my own. Cause I'm an independent woman.

      "Oof" I said as I bumped into some hard rock that was actually a human being. A human being that I knew all too well.

      "Are you Alri- Alaina? " said the husky voice that I used to love so very much but was now poison to my ears.

      I got up on my own and walked away without saying a word.

     "Wait!" shouted the voice as the human being who owned it grabbed my wrist. Drama much.

     I whipped his hand off of my wrist and continued to walk away but being the jerk that he is, he wouldn't stop and he kept grabbing my wrist and the third time that he did, he made sure to hold my wrist extra tight and using his free hand, he turned me around.

      "It really is you Alaina! " he exclaimed.

       "Yeah it's me! Yay! You found me!" I cheered sarcastically.