Chapter 17

"Wha-what happened?" Shouted Mr and Mrs.Hendrix as they barged into the room along with Cassidy and Jasper.

     "There's  someone in here with gold eyes staring at me." I stuttered.

     "Gold eyes?" Asked Mrs.Hendrix.

     "Yes!" I said as I pointed at the pair of gold eyes that was still staring intently at me.

     "Oh!!!" Exclaimed Cassidy, "I believe that that pair of gold eyes belongs to Mr.fluff bunny, our cat."

     My face showed a "whatcha talking bout woman?" Kind of look as Cassidy went to the cupboard to grab the furry fat cat.

      "Isn't she a cutie?"

      "I guess she is? But she scared me and that's not right even if she is a cat." I said frowning.

    " She's a shy cat and she was just curious as to who you were and from the looks of it, I believe she likes you." Explained Cassidy.

     "And how do you know that?"

     "Cause~ if she didn't, she would've attacked you by now which she didn't."

      Cassidy  handed me the cat and sure enough, the furry cat started to cuddle up in my arms and with a soft purr, it fell asleep.

     "We have a dog as well but its at my aunty's house now." Said Cassidy.

      "It's huge but it's super friendly." Jasper added in.

     I gave them a nod of my head and showed them out of the room. Sleep is very important.

****

      "Good morning!" Greeted Mrs. Hendrix.

      I greeted her back and sat down quietly at the dining table. My whole body was sore and all I wanted to do was to lie down on a soft cushion for the whole day.

      The sun was a pale dim light and it seemed that the fog had not yet lifted. The temporary silence was quickly filled with chatter as the rest of the Hendrix family members made their way to the dining table.

      "So, how was your sleep?" Asked Mr.Hendrix.

     "It was... good. Your cat was very nice to sleep with." I said with an awkward smile.

     "Good to know." laughed Mr.Hendrix.

     Once we ate our breakfast, Jasper and Cassidy ushered me out of the house and into the car.         " We're going for dance lessons."

     I stopped what I was doing, which was staring blindly out the window while tapping the cushioned seat. " I'm sorry... what?!" I shouted.

     "Yeah... it's like every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday." said Jasper like it was the most obvious thing in the whole wide world. "Didn't we tell tell you the schedule before?"

      "No. Unless I just got hit and had amnesia, I'm pretty sure your didn't mention anything about the schedule. I need to work by the way so I can't come and If your have forgotten, there's school." I smirked.

     "We called Savannah, she said that you work  till 5.00, the lessons start at 6.30 and there's no school for two weeks." Said Jasper.

I hmped at his reply, annoyed that he knew everything. Why can't I just stay in my little tent just for one whole day.

****

    So it was, that I had to endure yet another painful  dance lesson with the instructor whose name is none of your concern.

    "Gracefulness. Elegant and Sweet are the top things that I must say is necessary especially in ballet but We're not doing ballet, so have fun. Enjoy yourself and just let loose. Don't keep that tinkling feeling that your have whenever your hear the music, inside. Choreography is important of course but if you do not feel the music, then you can't follow the choreography. Now, everyone get to your places and Let's start."

    Jasper and I danced pretty well  this time and the instructor looked pleased but I wasn't so pleased. I had plastered on a beautiful, super elegantly brilliant scowl that stole the hearts of the people in the room but the instructor being her, put that frown upside down and to give satisfaction to both herself and my myself, I decided to just purse my lips into a thin line.

    "All right everybody" clapped the instructor once the lesson was over, " I have a special task for all my little birdies today. We are going to  have an amateur competition amongst ourselves. So, each team has to come up with a choreography based on what I've taught you the past two lessons. Yes, two lessons might not seem enough but I've already taught your the basics and it is vital that your basics are perfected, and what other way to show that your have perfected the basics than through a beautiful competition that I like to call The Perfection of Basics Competition." Wow what a name. " Anyways, the competition  will be held on the Friday two weeks from now. Have fun!"

      I groaned loudly enough for almost  everyone to hear earning a challenging stare front the instructor who coolly walked off after  I lowered my gaze.

      "Well, we should start coming up with a choreography soon but first what song do you want? " Asked Jasper.

      "You choose. Tell me the song and I'll do the first half of the choreography and you can do the second half." I said impassively.

     "Alright. I'm not gonna carry you again by the way. " said Jasper as he immediately ran away.

     "I wasn't going to ask you Anyways." I grumbled, grabbing my things before stalking off complacently.

      We met again that Friday to show each other our choreography and as we didn't have school or lessons and I didn't have work,  we had the whole day to practice.

     "... and I was thinking of like looking at each other and then I'll grab your hand and pull you towards me before you sort of push me away. You know in a teasing manner since this song is  pretty much about the tease. " said Jasper as he showed me his side of the choreography.

    "Yeah.. that looks alright  to me." I said, "and since we know each others parts, Let's start practicing."

   We started my side of the choreography first which was pretty easy since I was such a talented dancer, Note the self praise right there, followed by Jasper's choreography which was splendidly hard as rock.

     I tried doing the part Where he suggested that I sort of push  him away but it was so hard and in the end, I tripped on my own feet and as I closed my eyes to prepare for the impact, I felt a hand grab my waist.

     "Are you alright? " Asked Jasper.

    I stared at him, nor daring to blink. His face was right in front of me and his eyes suddenly enveloped me in their warmth and that's when I pushed him away.

    "Yeah, your Welcome." Scowled Jasper, "and that, by the way, is how you are supposed to do the push away tease scene."

      I didn't glare or stare at him or punch him  for that matter, instead I used my hand to cover my heart for there was something strange happening inside of me.

    I couldn't understand it. Something's wrong.

    Something's very...very...wrong.

•••••❤❤❤❤••••

    Well, I hope your enjoyed that's. From were on out, things will get more interesting. So Please enjoy. 

        Always smile and be happy.    :)

                                       KAT.