Chapter 5

Jake woke me up at night with his cock intruding my pussy. We ended up making love and making out a lot the entire night. I ended up riding him, since I told him I wish to try it. He encouraged and positioned me on top of his cock. He told me to move according to my own pace. I had to smile. My man was being very supportive as always.

I woke up at 5 in the morning and willed myself to sleep, so I could keep Jake in my arms a little longer. I woke up a couple hours later to Jake making breakfast. He smiled adoringly at me as if today is not our last day.

"Morning beautiful wife." He kissed me.

I hesitantly look at him in the eyes. "I... as of today I'm not your wife anymore. You can stop pretending now, Jake." I told him. He shook his head, ignoring my words.

"Lucy, I need to go meet a friend real quick to get something from him. Can you wait here?" He asked me expectantly.

"Yes, of course. I'll wait." I smiled at him

He was getting ready to get his keys and leave, but he didn't seem to believe that I would stay. "Promise me? I'll... take you over to wherever you need to be once I got back, okay?"

I nodded. Panic seeped into my heart. I couldn't give him my promise. My biggest fear was getting betrayed and abandoned, so I rather leave than have him left me this way.

No, not again, as I remembered my aunt, the one that I loved the most, trying to leave me in an orphanage as a child.

He seemed to want to say more to make sure I stayed. He looked at me for a few more seconds before nodding and telling me to eat my breakfast.

Once he was out of the door and I heard the elevator opening and closing, I left the rent money for his apartment back in Rome, and then I rushed and got my stuff. I flagged a taxi and left.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius went back to his apartment with a sense of dread. He just got back from meeting the goldsmith to pick up his ring for Lucy.

The day they spent at the side of the Rhein River made him resolute to be with her forever. His heart swelled with joy when he confirmed her feelings as he heard a couple of women talked about a broken-hearted girl crying in the washroom stall. That was when he realized she was crying for him and his heart clenched with pain, wanting to comfort her. To let her know he felt the same. He knew he loved her, but he never knew she felt the same. 

As a vampire, he learned that the love and connection that he had with Lucy was rare. Maybe it was the closest thing he would get to a lifelong mate. 

Hell, the way he responded to her touch and voice and vice versa, she could have even been his mate. Damn him if he was about to lose his chance of being in love. The realization hit him like a ton of bricks, she might be his mate.

The goldsmith had called the night before to have him pick up the ring.

His thoughts are drawn back to the present time. He observed his surroundings. The sound, the air, the temperature, and suddenly he had a bad feeling about this. He felt as if he shouldn't leave Lucy out of his sight. Once the elevator to their hotel room opens, he ran to his room and swiftly opens the door.

"Lucy?" He found the breakfast he prepared untouched. He checked the room, the washroom and asked a nearby housekeeping lady if she had seen his Lucy.

"Oh, I think the lady went out. She said she wanted to check out. I was surprised but said nothing, since it's still very early in the morning but not impossible."

No, no, no. He was too late. He left his room and head to the airport. She did not even eat breakfast after the arduous activity they did the entire night.

Cazzo! At least she should have eaten breakfast before she left. Then Lucius checked his phone. 9 AM.

He called an associate of his. "Luca, can you check if a Lucy went to the airport or is there a suicide report?"

"Uh good morning to you too, Lucius. You've been at the job for quite a while now. At least make my job easier by giving me more information like her last name, her photo, or passport information."

Silent.

"I don't remember a mission regarding a certain Lucy, my friend. Is this personal?" Luca asked carefully.

"I... I don't know her last name." He would have given her his last name if she trusted him and waited for him.

Dread filled his chest. What if she didn't care for him the way he did? He asked her a few times last night to declare her as his, yet the only response she gave him was just some non-committal nods. Lucius didn't think much of it, thinking she probably couldn't think clearly as they were having sex. Now come to think of it, she was proficient in giving him a response in their role play since she wanted to make sure he also had his fantasy fulfilled.

He originally offered the role play because he wanted her to experience it, hoping she would change her mind about committing suicide and thought of having a family instead. Secretly, he wanted to try it too because he knew in his line of work it would be too dangerous to have a family. Once he learned how it could be with Lucy, he wanted more. He didn't realize he already fell in love, when he offered to be her pretend-husband.

It's too late now.

He hung up on Luca, knowing it would be hard to find her without a last name, a picture, or her other information. He silently prayed that Lucy would choose to stay alive.

She could be anywhere in the world but please Lord, let her be alive. Against his will, he did something he haven't done since he was a little boy. He wept in the back of a cab as his chest filled with outrageous pain.