Chapter 32

Livia was moved to the torture chamber by Mario Garza, where she got beaten daily when she refused to tell him how the Ordinatio could overcome all of their attacks. He asked her if it was the song she sang or somehow she collaborated with anyone.

She always plead her innocence and told him not to beat her anymore because she loved him. She was doing everything to survive believing that as long as she stayed consistent, he would eventually cave in like he always had. She had him wrapped around her little fingers.

She knew there was hope for her when the higher-ups asked Mario the same thing, he pretended to not know and even covered for her. Giving them the answer that she told him that his female was with him all the time, so she couldn't be a mole.

But here she was, contained in the jail-like torture chamber in Mario's apartment. Sometimes Mario still treated her gently, but when his higher ups questioned him as if he was a traitor, he would come back and beat her.

Today, Mario took off her chains wanting to have her hands on him as he fucked her. He said it wasn't fun to only do the fucking while the recipient didn't do anything back. As he did, Livia pretended to be grateful and kissed him passionately, as she grabbed the nearest torture device, a whip, and strangled him to his death.

"Fuck you, bitch." She muttered as she moved to hide his body behind one of the furniture in the room. She took some throwing blades to protect herself as she didn't bring any of her weapons here. 

Satisfied Mario's body wouldn't easily be spotted, she ran to grab any of her belongings that she could find in Mario's office, put on some clothes that he bought her and disappeared. She headed into the Dagger's head quarter, a building that looks more like a mansion – wanting to show their power off no doubt, and greeted the guards.

"Huh, we thought Mario wouldn't let his bitch out of the dog house." The guards joked. Finding it as a non-laughing matter, Livia forced herself to laugh and joked around with them. Then she told them that Mario sent her to grab some documents from Leader Eduardo Vargas. The guards led her in and knocked on their boss' door.

"Come in!" Vargas' voice let her in. Rashak was with him as his eyes glint with recognition.

"Ah the fiery woman from Indonesia! I'm glad when I heard you finally decided to join us." He greeted Livia.

"Yes Rashak, the Ordinatio is not an experience I wish to repeat." Livia lied smoothly. She didn't see this coming, she should have planned this better. Her only plan was to get in, kill Vargas, and get out.

"Rashak, I need to talk to Mister Vargas alone. Would you mind leaving us?" I asked sweetly.

"Rashak stays. He could be trusted; you could tell me what's on your mind." Vargas tried not giving anything away, but Livia could see that he was suspicious of her.

"Ah well, I see. I just want to inform you my dear lover Mario is dead." The two men couldn't hide their shock.

"How?" Vargas demanded an answer. She knew he suspected her and she opt to give some truths so they wouldn't know her lies.

"I killed him." The two men pointed their guns at Livia in a heartbeat.

"Oh calm down boys. If I killed him for fun, do you think I would be running to his boss' office telling him about it? I killed him because he betrayed the Brotherhood, I found that he was working with some of the Master Assassins to kill you. If you don't believe me, look for the evidence in his computer in his office." Livia said casually without batting an eyelid. Rashak started to put his weapon down and looked at Vargas for guidance.

"Rashak, go retrieve his body and searched his office." Rashak nodded at his boss and took his leave.

While there were the only two of them Livia asked him.

"Out of the other Master Assassins, you were aiming for Lucius Octavius' head. May I know why?"

"That vampire killed many of our brothers and sisters, a pain in the ass if you asked me so the bosses above wanted him gone. If an immortal with that value remained loose, he would always be a thorn on our side. I wish he could be bribed. It would benefit us greatly for having a powerful vampire on our side. We tried for centuries, but too bad he isn't one with much ambition." Vargas answered lazily.

"And you wanted to know why? What are you trying to do with this information?" Vargas kept the conversation going.

Livia slipped out the small throwing knife that he found in Mario's torture chamber out of her sleeve, closer to her reach. When Eduardo Vargas moved and turned his back against her to grab himself a drink, she threw the knife quickly aiming for his neck. The blade hit its target and Eduardo Vargas staggered as blood spluttered of his neck. He pressed his neck to stop the bleeding, but Livia took out the knife in one gush and the bleeding becomes even more uncontrollable.

Eduardo's body fell and Livia looked at him dead in the eyes. "Because Vargas, I am the vampire's wife and I am here to make everyone who wishes to hurt him dead. Tell Mario I said hello." With that she stabbed Eduardo Vargas' eye until the blade hits the back of his skull. After making sure he is dead, she wiped the blood off her throwing knives on his shirt. She looked for more information around the study. She gasped with the information she managed to get her hands on from his laptop and some of the papers around the office. She realized, she couldn't go back yet and the fight was far from over. 

She needed to find this Brotherhood Council fast, so she jumped off the window and made her escape to find her next targets.

2 hours later when the assassins stormed the Dagger Brotherhood headquarter; they launched a massive stealth kill mission against the Daggers in their own turf, while Luca led his team to Mario Garza's apartment and Kojiro went west to infiltrate the Dagger's second barracks.

Some of the Dagger Brotherhood members managed to send word to their boss, asking for back up but no one responded. Strange. Raina thought to herself seeing that no reinforcement came for their enemies.

With no back-ups, they were easily wiped out. Raina, who led the attack, went to Eduardo Vargas' office only to find one of the victim eye, hollow, while the other one stared back at her. His office also looked ransacked as if someone was here to search for something.

Then she heard her lover on her ear piece. "Livia is gone and Mario Garza is dead. She doesn't leave a trace or indicated where she might be going to. Hell, I'm honestly not sure if she was alive. I'm heading west now to assist Kojiro."

Raina smiled wickedly as she responded to Luca, "Don't worry love. She is definitely alive. Vargas is dead. He has stab wounds on his neck and his eye." She secretly love a good death of her enemies and knowing her student, still a recruit, managed to accomplish this task she couldn't help but smile with joy. Her emotional, kind and immature student had evolved to be a great killer.