Causing fear

James walked into his dorm. He was surprised that Adam wasn't there. The blonde had watched his best friend get more and more nervous as the next red moon was approaching. Luckily he hadn't been as much of an asshole as last time. James noticed a piece of paper laying on the table. He quickly grabbed the note and saw to his delight that it was from Adam.

Dear, James
I just wanted to let you know that I won't be at our dorm tonight.
I'm spending the red moon with a coworker that's a little nervous to be alone. Don't forget to stay inside and be careful. I know the others don't believe me, but please remind them anyways.
I'll be back tomorrow morning so you won't have to miss me for that long ;-P
I'll see you soon.

Adam

James sighed. He had hoped Adam would be there tonight. Not only did James want to comfort Adam if he was nervous, he also hoped Adam could calm him down. After what happened last time, he was really scared of this red moon.
'I'm not staying here alone.' James muttered as he took out his phone to call someone. He put the phone against his ear and waited for his friend to pick up.
'Hey, Maaz! Is it okay if I spend the night with you and Rush? Adam is somewhere else and I don't want to be alone tonight.'

Adam looked nervously at the setting sun.
'Are you sure this will work?' He asked.
'Ofcourse! It's been working the entire day. You must have noticed you weren't as pissed off as you usually are the day before the red moon.' Lucifer replied.
'I didn't even notice. I guess I forgot that was a thing. Wait a second! I thought you had to be in close proximity for this to work! Does that mean you've been following me the entire day?' Adam asked.
'I too can make myself invisible, even for demons. You have lovely friends by the way. I understand why you're so fond of them. Especially that blonde boy.' Lucifer replied.
Adam turned his head away to try and hide his blush. He hated it that that was happening. Why did he feel like this everytime someone brought up James.
'There it is.' Lucifer said, pointing at the rising red moon.
'I guess it's time to start then.' Adam muttered as he shifted into his demon form.

Adam wiped some blood from his chin as he landed on a rooftop. He hated every second of what he was doing, but as a demon, he couldn't disobey the devil. He glanced over the edge of the roof to see a small family walking down the street below.
'Mommy, why is the moon red?' A little boy asked.
'That happens sometimes. It's pretty rare. I don't know the exact science behind it, but we can look that up tomorrow.' His mother replied.
'Why tomorrow? Why not as soon as we get home?' The little boy asked.
'Because it's long past your bedtime already.' His father replied while adjusting the position of the baby he was carrying.
'Get them, but leave the father. He can report the demon sighting at the police.'
'You want me to kill his entire family?' Adam asked.
'You're a fucking demon, don't pretend like you care! When did you become a softy? I see you as one of my top demons, so act like it!' Lucifer snapped.
'I was just asking for clearance.' Adam muttered. He sighed softly before diving down. As soon as he landed next to the family, he immediately slashed his claws through the little boys chest, killing him instantly instead of having him suffer. The mother and father screamed and the baby woke up crying. Adam quickly took out the mother and started chasing after the father. As he got closer, he managed to grab the baby form it's fathers arms and he watched while the father ran in fear, screaming and crying. Adam looked at the baby girl in his arms and started to try and comfort her.
'Hey, it's okay, it's okay.' He said.
'What are you doing? Why aren't you killing her?' Lucifer asked.
'It's just a baby.' Adam replied.
'So?' Lucifer asked.
Adam tried to quickly come up with a good excuse.
'When was the last time you raised someone to be a demon?' He asked.
'Well, technically... you. You were just seven, I feel like we did a lot of raising. You've been with us most of your life.' Lucifer replied.
'No, I mean, when was the last time you took a child as baby and then raised it for the soul purpose of having it become a demon. Raising it in the way of the demons. I believe the last one was Lynn and he's hundreds of years old and very good at what he's doing.' Adam explained.
'Fine, we'll keep the baby alive. Let's drop her off in Hell and keep going.'