New

James felt someone carefully shake his body and heard someone softly mutter his name. It caused him to wake up. He was laying on the cold floor of the warehouse, next to the couch. Adam was laying on the couch, carefully waking the blonde up while also trying not to move too much.
'What time is it?' James muttered as he got up. His back hurt a little from sleeping on the stone floor.
'It's late... you should go home and go to bed.' Adam whispered, groaning as he adjusted his position a little.
'No... I don't wanna leave you here alone... you're hurt.'
'That's really sweet of you, Jameson, but don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Healing abilities, remember? I'll be okay... eventually.'
'Can't you come with me, Adam? It's your dorm too! I can carry you...' James crawled up from the ground and tried to pick Adam up. Adam gave a little scream in pain, causing James to jump and let the demon go again.
'Sorry!' He said.
'It's okay. You go home, James... In a couple of days, I might be able to move and I'll come back... But you should go home and sleep.' Adam replied.
James nodded and gave the demon a quick kiss before he left.
As soon as James had left, Adam closed his eyes and groaned. He tried to hide the pain as much as possible when James was with him, just to make sure the blonde wouldn't worry even more. Mona had been right. He should've went sooner. Or maybe not, because then he wouldn't have seen James again. He had some mixed feelings. Sure, revealing a bit of truth had made James realize Adam wasn't all that evil, but the demon had really hoped he could hide it from James. After quite some time had passed, Adam heard the door open again. James was back. He was dragging a mattress, a blanket, a pillow and a backpack with him.
'What are you doing?' Adam asked with a little chuckle.
'Not leaving you alone.' James replied as he dropped the mattress next to Adam's couch.
'You shouldn't have...' Adam said, yet he couldn't help but smile.
'That's what you do when you're in love.' James said with a wink as he threw the pillow and blanket on the mattress and put his backpack on the floor next to the couch.
'... Thank you.' Adam whispered.
James gave him a sweet smile. He crawled under his blanket and held Adam's hand before closing his eyes again.

'Where are we going, Adam?' James asked. The demon had been healing for about a week and a half now. The injuries on his face were gone, but James knew he still had wounds hidden under his clothes. The demon also walked with a limp, which made them go a bit slower.
'If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.' Adam chuckled, holding his hands over James's eyes.
'Are we almost there?' The blonde whined.
'Almost.' Adam replied patiently.
After a minute or two, the boy's stopped.
'Are we there?' James asked impatiently.
'Yes, we're here.' Adam replied as he took his hands away from the blonde's eyes.
James had to blink a couple times against the sudden daylight, but his eyes soon adjusted again. He looked up at the building they stood in front of.
'An animal rescue centre? What are we doing here?' James asked confused.
'We are going to adopt a dog for in our dorm.' Adam replied with a smile.
'I don't think that's allowed.' James said, sounding slightly disappointed.
'I'm a demon, James. Making deals is what I do. I pulled some strings and talked to some people and boom, now we're allowed to have pets at our dorm. They only told me not to get a pony.' Adam explained. He smiled as he saw the blonde's face lit up.
'And you're gonna pick what dog we get.' Adam added.
James gasped enthusiastically before he ran inside the building, the demon following a bit slower and calmer.

'Just look at all of those! They're adorable!' James exclaimed as he looked at all the dogs.
'I know right.' Adam smiled as he reached his hand out to a black puppy. The puppy sniffed the demon's hand before he gave it a lick and let Adam pet him.
'Hey, buddy...' the demon said in a high pitched voice.
'You like that one?' James asked as he was messing with a light brown, fluffy dog.
'Don't mind me, James. I want you to pick one. You like that one?'
'Yeah, it looks exactly like the puppy I always imagine in that story.'
'What story?'
'The story you told me to help me sleep. You know, the one that's an alteration of the story your sister told you when you were little.'
'You still think of that?'
'Ofcourse... every time before I go to sleep. Just like you said. It helps me sleep.'
'I guess we're picking that one then.' Adam said as he took the fluffy, light brown dog from it's cage.
'Na-ah! We're picking the one you like!' James said as he ran to the black puppy and took that one from it's cage.
'No, James. I told you to pick one.' Adam said.
'Exactly! And I'm picking this one!' James replied.
'Can I help you?' A kind lady from the rescue centre asked as she walked in.
'Yes, we'd like to take this one.' Adam said as he showed her the dog he was holding.
'No, we want this one!' James said.
'Do you need some time to choose?' The lady asked.
'No need for that! We're taking this one.' Adam replied.
'No, this one!' James called.
'It's just an idea, but if you really can't decide, those two particular dogs happen to get along amazingly. So you can always take both.' The lady said.
James and Adam looked at each other.
'You think you can get us permission for that?' James asked.
'Two dogs it is!' Adam exclaimed.

'Hey, buddy! I guess you need a name, don't you?' Adam said in a high pitched voice to the black puppy as they sat down on the couch in their dorm. The puppy barked and licked the demons nose, causing Adam to giggle a little. James smiled when he saw it. Who would've thought a demon could look so adorable. The blonde turned to his own light brown puppy and scratched her behind her ears.
'Hey, Floof. How are you doing?' He asked, also in a high pitched voice.
'Floof?' Adam asked.
'Yep, that's what I called her.' James said with a smile as he pet his dog.
'I think I'm gonna call this one Thurnis.' Adam said as he pet his own dog too.
'I'm sure the others will love them. They're coming over in a bit.' James said. The demon froze.
'They're coming over?' He asked nervously.
'Yeah... I explained to them why you became a demon and how it isn't your fault.'
'James... I'm not sure that'll be enough for them to forgive me...'
There was a knock on the door.
'Don't worry, you'll be fine.' James replied as he opened the door. Maaz, Jaiden, Rush and Laddi came in. Adam couldn't really read their expressions, so he just nervously stared at the floor. Everyone was silent and the atmosphere was tense.
'I'm sorry...' Adam muttered after a minute or two.
'Do you really not have a choice in any of the evil stuff you do?' Laddi asked carefully.
'No, I don't...' Adam whispered.
'I don't know...' Maaz started but Jaiden cut him off just by raising her hand. She walked over to the demon and sat down next to him.
'I believe you...' she said. Adam looked up in surprise.
'Why? I gave you no reason to! Not after what I did to Jax...'
'Jax is gonna be fine... besides, by now we know you don't have a choice.'
'Why do you have so much faith in me, Jaiden? I'm a demon. You're an angel. We're literally on the opposite side of a battle. Even before I knew you were an angel, you never once tried to protect yourself from me, even though I was a demon.'
'You've given me plenty of reasons to trust you. Don't forget that you endured Satan's punishment instead of killing me. That's pretty big, besides, James trusts you and I know he wouldn't do that without a good reason.'
Adam blushed a little when James's name dropped.
'But even before I knew you were an angel you...'
'You've know it was me for longer than you realise, Adam. When I learned you were a demon, I started to keep a eye on you. You had a feather from my wing and a spell that told you it was me.'
'But that plan failed!'
'No, you made it fail. You learned it was me and messed up the spell so Mona wouldn't find out.'
'I don't remember that.'
'You erased it from your own memory.'
Adam remembered the pounding headache he'd had for a week. That was a side effect of using his hypnosis. It would also explain the confusion and the gap in his memory.
'Don't you see, Adam... ever since you got back to us, you've done everything you could to try and protect us. All of us. I could very easily just constantly wear that necklace you gave me, but I don't because I have no reason to. You wouldn't hurt me. You wouldn't hurt any of us.'
Adam smiled. He was so glad they understood. So glad they believed. James sat down next to him.
'I told you, it'd be okay. You may be a demon. But you've constantly been our guardian angel.' The blonde said before placing a kiss on the demon's cheek.

Every muscle in Adam's body was tense as he knocked on the doors of Lucifer's office.
'Come in.' A powerful voice on the other side said.
Adam slowly opened the door. As soon as he entered, he got flashbacks. It was only two weeks ago that Satan had tortured him here. He tried to shake it off and not look scared as he stood in front of the devil.
'You look a lot better than the last time you were here.' Lucifer said with a cold voice.
It send a shiver down the demon's spine.
'I'm glad to see you came immediately this time rather than try to hide.' Lucifer continued.
'I'm not making that mistake again...' Adam muttered.
'Good to see that you have learned. It's time for a new assignment.' Lucifer said as he pulled open a drawer and took out a small binder with some files.
'Shouldn't we wait for Mona.'
'No. Mona will not work on the same assignment as you.'
'Wait what? But she's my student.'
'She's working in the same location. I expect you to guide her and give her help when she requests so. She'll be continuing the hunt for that angel you failed to get. As for you, I have a different assignment. I want you to recruit someone. Who knows, maybe we'll get a situation similar to the one with Illyssa. But ofcourse you can't always expect a best case scenario. Anyways, recruiting is where you shine and I'm not expecting to much difficulties with this one, so don't disappoint me again.' Lucifer stared into Adam's eyes as he slit the files over the table towards the demon.
'So who am I recruiting?' Adam asked as he reached for the files.
The corners of Lucifer's mouth curled into an evil grin as he replied.
'It's a boy your age. He usually goes by his middle name. I think you might now him.' He said.
'What's his name?' Adam asked, a little scared to look at the files. Something lit up in the devil's eyes as he stared at the demon.
'His name... is Robert James Rallison.'