Fourteen

Sitting down in a fit of... jealousy... Amity shrunk down in her seat being almost quiet for the rest of their hangout session at this cafe. She felt as if her not saying anything would be the best bet for her as she didn't want to ruin the atmosphere over something she could not necessarily control at the time. What Amity had not known was that Willow was all the more wiser as she knew what these feelings were and she once had shared them with the young witch before but in a completely different scenario.

"Hey, Amity, did you just say... jealousy..?" Asked Luz as she sat back down, taking her seat next to the flustered young witch. Now caught, she rushes to find her words while she plays with her thumbs.

"N-No! No, I didn't, uhm. Please, just ignore that for now I-" She gave a quick glance to those around her, keeping her eyes on Viney and her notepad before she lets out an exasperated sigh, sinking in her seat and letting the stress flow out as she sits in a fit of defeat. "I... Just.. let me get the cr-apple and wash-melon twist with a knock-pastry. Oh, the one with the s-creme filling, please. Thank you."

"Ah, I see. You come here often, Blight?" Asked Viney from across the table, gaining Amity's attention, surprisingly.

"Ah, no.. I used to, though, with Edric and Emira."

Why was she even talking to Viney? If anything she's surprised the feeling of jealousy hasn't blinded her of anything yet. If anything, the last thing she'd wanna do is talk to her.

...

Maybe she's overreacting just a little bit...

"Yeah, I know." Retorted Viney, catching Amity's full attention.

"Wait, how-?"

"The folks here keep that picture of you and your siblings close near the kitchen. I see it almost everyday and I basically have your order memorized at this point with how much they talk about you three." Viney snickered. "They always said you guys would brighten this place up."

At this point, Amity really didn't know what to feel about this conversation anymore but she did her best to look on the brighter side of things especially with the news she had just been given. That much made her smile warmly, her cheeks getting warm as well. To think her and her siblings could have such an impact on something such as a little pastry shop on the side of the walkway.

"Wow... I never knew that...!" Amity was rather short on her words as she didn't really know what to say. If anything, she was at a loss for words. "U-Uhm-"

"Don't sweat it, Blight." Viney said in response, able to read the tension filled inside of the younger witch. "Anyways, who's next to order?"

After a while of waiting, eating, and conversing, the time of day was slowly ticking by as Luz and co. were about ready to be finished eating their meals, nearly ready to head out of the shop. Amity had nearly forgotten about the feeling ever since they had been given their food and gotten to just eat, relax, and spend time with Luz and the others. Sure, the feeling dwelled on her mind here and there while she ate but she learned to keep it at a low hum as to not let herself get bothered by it during this time. She genuinely tried thinking about being friends with Viney like Luz is but that dreaded feeling of jealousy would immediately cloud those thoughts.

She hated it.

"Whoo! Man I'm stuffed. To think the food here on the Boiling Isles would be so... so good!" Luz exclaimed feeling more full from a meal than she has in a long time. "To think they'd make so much too."

"They do overdo it a bit here, yeah." Amity responded as she remembered all too clearly the amount of times her and her siblings would get mounds of food by surprise. "But it is good nonetheless. But, maybe we should head out now, you think?" She asked, looking around the table to her and her friends.