Fifteen

"Edalyn?" Lilith called out, her voice ringing through the halls of the Owl House. She still never was too accustomed to this place. Still hard to believe that her sister left all those years ago and bunkered down here, but she isn't one to judge someone in their own home. If Eda called it home then it surely is home. Still, the lack of noise from either King or Eda made her feel extra awkward and even a little nervous; tensed up. Those two were always making noise and to not hear anything was a little unsettling.

"... Edalyn?"

Lilith was genuinely getting worried that the house was so quiet. It has never been this quiet... where is she? Lilith thought to herself. Just as she was about to call out to her sister yet again, Lilith had turned the corner into the kitchen finally seeing her sister at the end of the table, her gaze focused on what lies behind the other side of the window. Chills ran through Lilith's body as she went to call out to her sister once more.

"Eda... are you-"

"He won't stop until he gets his way, huh, Lilith."

"What? Who... Who's he-" And just like that, it clicked almost instantly the moment she said 'he.' They have been in no problem with any other guy on the Isles unless it had been Alador himself or Belos but even here Belos wasn't the issue. But now knowing that this has to do with Alador, it only made Lilith's stomach sink even more. She took a deep breath in and quickly released it, fixing her posture and taking a seat next to her sister.

"What has he done this time, Edalyn." Her voice was a lot more stern and composed, to her surprise, which immediately got Eda's attention.

"H-He won't stop sending me these d-damned letters, Lily. And now they're getting more and more shorter making them feel as if they're more than just a threat but rather a confirmed warning. I mean, like seriously, take a look at this!" Eda was getting on the edge of her seat, ready to raise her voice in the heat of the moment.

Taking the note from her younger sister, Lilith opened the folded sheet of paper and was already concerned about what it had contained. The font used alone, how clean it was, and even how short, really felt demanding and had the impression as if it were pushing the two of them up against a wall, no escape from the danger this note had entwined itself in:

"You will give me back the girl within the next week or two or consequences will ensue.

This is my last and final warning, and will hope to see an answer sometime soon.

Prepare, or perish.

- Alador Blight"

What the hell? Is all that was running through Lilith's mind. "E-Eda... th-this is-" She cut herself off and skimmed through the short amount of text for the second time over, panic taking over her mindset.

"This is a literal death threat?!" Lilith's voice was raised more than it should be. It unintentionally scared Eda and not only that, but Lilith herself. "Th-This isn't okay!"

"But we can't-"

"I-I can take it to a higher authority? To someone of higher rank than me?" Liltih was panicking too much. Way too much. Thoughts swarmed her mind of her family being in danger. But just like that, it hit her all like a bus.

Her family.

Her family is in danger because of Alador Blight.

Because of herself.

She really didn't want to say what she was gonna suggest next, but it genuinely was the next best thing she could think of. "E-Eda," Lilith said, trying to gain her lost composure. "I-I can take this to Belos and can see what h-he can do-"