Twenty

It had only been a day and a half and Luz hasn't said a single word nor contacted any of her friends, not even Amity! Not only did it worry her friends, but it more importantly worried Eda.

"I don't know what I should do, Lily," Eda said as she was looking down at the table, her sister pacing back and forth in the kitchen. "I've never seen her like this before... she's Luz! A goody-Luz-shoes, I-I don't know what to do! She's always so happy go lucky, and sure she's had some breakdowns before, but never this bad." Eda said the last part sharply. "She never refuses to talk to me or anyone for that matter, so with no way of talking with her, I can't help! I'm just- I'm just so lost and worried..." Eda said with an exasperated sigh, rubbing her forehead to subside and upcoming headache. "I was never good at this... this mother business, so why would I suddenly be good at it now?"

"Well, Edalyn," Lilith started as she finally stood in place instead of pacing the floor. "Maybe this truly is something you need to... wait for itself to be fixed? Not everything can manually be fixed, especially a person's mental or feelings, that be it a human. We don't know entirely how they work when it comes to this." Lilith stated to her sister, this information being something Eda didn't want to hear; Eda wanted to help the poor girl, for Titan's sake! "Even then, she's a teenager, we used to do the same: ignore one another until a period of time. Don't you remember?"

"Yeah, well of course I do, but this is different! We still communicated through out the day but only on family accord, like dinner or family time, but Luz hasn't said anything or moved!" Eda exclaimed, finally pulling her head up off the table only to reveal to Lilith the bags slowly growing under her eyes. "We've had to deliver her dinner to her bedroom door and she would only leave to use the damn bathroom. I can't just let her live like this, I-"

"But you might have to-"

"Dammit, I KNOW I have to Lilith, just tell me something I WANT to hear!" Eda yelled as she slammed her mug of appleblood onto the table, Lilith flinching at the noise and raise of tone from her sister. Letting out a sigh, Eda pinched herself in the arm and then flicked herself in the forehead, surprising Lilith at the sudden actions. "I-It's what we do here when we raise our voices at one another- but that's besides the point," Eda said quickly before looking at her sister. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, really I am. It's just-"

"I get it, Edalyn. I truly do. I wish I could do the same for Amity when it comes to things like this but I've learned you just gotta wait until they come to you and... open up. You can't rush emotions, and you definitely can't rush something like this. Just... be patient, alright?" Lilith said as she sat next to her sister, laying her hand on top of Eda's to stop it from shaking.

"Ugh, you're right. Now, all I can wonder is if the kids have had any luck." Eda said as she looked up to the ceiling as if she could see through the floor, Lilith following suite.

"Luz! We're here to uhm... here to visit!" Willow said aloud as she knocked on the door, hoping to get a response.

...Nothing.

With a sigh and a half, Gus, Willlow, and Amity collectively sat on the floor outside of Luz's room, Amity herself sitting against the door.

"She's been like this ever since we've gotten back! What even happened up there?" Gus asked aloud, looking toward Amity.

"Don't you remember? She saw her... her mother." Amity said with chills crawling up her spine, Gus letting out a gasp while Willow only looked to the side.

As soon as they had made it back to the Owl House, Gus had clocked out for the night, almost immediately and couldn't remember a single thing from the night before, so they weren't surprised at his sudden gasp. Though this was news to him, he didn't say anything on the matter as he knew well enough that Luz's home life and parent were personal issues and very sensitive at times, especially now.