Ten

It had been about a good hour or so as Luz and co. sat in the comfort of her room, comforting Amity to the best of their abilities; Luz going in and out fetching things Amity might need or if she asked for anything, the adults in the room, Eda and Lilith, keeping watch on her at all times, keeping an extra eye or two outside the window as well incase Alador had really decided he come to the Owl House himself, and then there on the floor was Willow and Gus giving her advice and doing their absolute best to at least calm the young witch down.

The unsteady tension had been eating into everyone as every minute had gone by, leaving a pit of worry and fear. Considering this has never happened to Amity before, it worried her more than every to have this happen to begin with, never having experienced it before. She had no clue how to feel about it all; was she angry? Was she scared? Was she upset? She had no clue what to think about in the situation or how to even remotely prepare for something as drastic as this. She always knew deep into the back of her mind, despite wanting to ignore it, that her father was a bad man and to never give into someone like him, but once the time finally came where she would need to be stronger than he had belittled her, she just curled into herself and broke down.

The thought of wanting to be strong, to be better than her father, had immediately vanished.

"Just let it out, Amity. That's the best thing you can do as of right now, alright?" Luz said empathetically, rubbing circles gently on her back as she hugged her closer and closer while Willow and Gus whispered more words of encouragement. King didn't know what was going on but after Eda had gave a brief explanation as to what was happening, she had him stay at bay downstairs in case anyone or Alador himself had tried anything from the back side of the house. He had been very hesitant at first but after the bribe of getting a fat stack of cookies in return for later, he immediately agreed to the position he'd been given. Even then, if he denied, he would cave in anyways.

"B-But it's my fault he knows I'm here! I-I had no where to go and d-didn't think of the trouble I'd cause if I came here and now I put you guys in danger! L-Luz, he's a dangerous man, and I-I'm so sorry for not mentioning anything s-sooner but I..." Amity said with a thick and shaken voice as she had started to scramble around with her words, let alone her thoughts. "I-I panicked! I just panicked and made things even worse like I always do!"

Everyone in the room was hit with a big slap of surprise at yet another outburst from Amity. It had felt like Amity and Luz had just been living in their own paradise where no problems could ever occur and have it be a place of bliss and pure happiness. It tore Luz's heart in half as she watched the girl she had fallen so deeply for just crumble right in front of her because of something she was never able to control. It made her stomach churn as she felt a sense of hope leave her body, feeling useless because she hadn't exactly done anything the night that they confronted Alador besides just being there. She easily could have said something, even did something but she just sat in silence, being there for Amity whenever need be. Her mind started to get foggy until she brushed it away, not letting the past get in the middle of what was happening right now. Instead, she pulled the girl closer but had turned her to the point where she was looking Luz in the eyes.

"Oh Amity... listen to me, okay?" Luz started, her voice starting to sound scratchy itself as she suppressed the urge to cry herself, leaving a knot in her throat. She felt her hands slowly start to shake as well as she cupped Amity's face, wiping the tears that were and had been falling. "Everything is gonna be okay, we promise. Eda nor Lilith would do anything to let anyone hurt you and even if I had to, I would put myself before you to Alador because you mean so much to me; to us!" Luz's eyes had started to pool with tears while she fought to keep her composure and dared not to let them drop. "But if we're all in this together, despite how hard it is right now, you have to be strong yourself! You are the strongest witch I know on the Boiling Isles, and I know you can overcome anything, even someone as scary as him. So please understand that you're in safe hands! It will all be okay!" Exclaimed Luz in a happy tone, finally letting the pools of tears drip down her face. Starting to feel Amity shake again, Luz had pulled her into a crushing hug, wrapping her arms tightly around the young witch while bringing one hand up to the back of her head as she dragged her fingers through her hair for comfort. "It'll be okay..."