Two

"If you hadn't already been able to tell by now, Luz, I..."

Amity knew she needed to apologize to Luz. What she said to her was not something she was proud of at all but the worst part about it is that she didn't know if the human would accept her apology, let alone acknowledge it. That is what terrified Amity the most.

"Luz, if you hadn't been able to tell, I have been crying. I have been crying before I ended up looking like this mess that I am right now." Luz gave her a sincere look of concern, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Long story short, I had run away from home basically after my father had some kind of 'breakdown' and tried to attack me after I didn't listen."

The words that Amity spoke had gotten Luz to get closer to the young witch but you could tell the story was having the girl on the edge of her seat, but still concerned.

"Of course I did my best not to let him. Whenever he got really close, my body would just recoil and push myself away from him; I even yelled at him and called him a freak. My mom didn't seem to care either. I-It was weird, really. I didn't know what to do in that situation and my body just reacted on its own." Luz had wanted to intervene and say something just a little bit comforting but she didn't want to be rude. So she let the young witch speak even if it was only making her all the more anxious. "I felt so trapped, like I could do n-nothing. Not even my own mother cared. And believe it or not, after all these years, my older siblings finally cared about my well being! For once I finally got to experience what it was like to feel some sort of love by those two! Luz, I... I-I was so scared but now I'm here, right? I'm safe now, r-right, Luz? P-Please tell me I'm safe here..."

And with that final plead, there was a smile plastered across Amity's face while she had tears streaming down her face, her body shaking, had broken Luz's little heart, moving her to tears as well. She had almost no idea what was happening within Amity's personal life but she was destined to help even if the witch wasn't the nicest to her, especially today. And for some reason, she felt like she knew how that pain once felt as well.

"Oh, Amity..." Luz had finally cracked and broke down, leaning forward and bringing the girl into a tight yet meaningful hug. This gesture felt new to Amity due to her self-isolation. 'How sad is that?' Thought Amity. She never let her parents hug her, her friends hug her, nor her friends to hug her, but here she was letting some human hug her as tight as can be. And she didn't find a problem with it.

"L-Luz...!" Amity had now been sobbing as hard as she could, just letting herself be held by the girl as she wrapped her arms around Luz as well. The hug felt so warm that Amity didn't want the human to let go. She just wanted to stay there forever. Stay forever and never let go of this warm feeling. She felt genuinely safe by being in Luz's arms and felt like she would be protected. But would she be able to make Luz feel the same way?

It had been an hour, believe it or not. A very quiet hour. After the girls had settled down, they just unknowingly snuggled with one another for the time being, staring into nothingness but they both found it to be a comfortable silence. As they were staring at the ceiling, they heard a faint 'hooty hoot!' and the sound of heels clacking on the wooden floor next to them. They hadn't even heard Hooty open the door.

"Hey Luz. Hey... Amity, right?" Hearing the voice of the owl lady had gotten both of the girls out of their little trance they didn't know they were stuck in, Amity surprisingly being the first to respond.

"Yes, i-its Amity. How are you, Miss. Owl Lady?"

Eda was slightly surprised at the formality that Amity was showing. She really did resemble a Blight to the top. "Oh, so formal. But, there is no need to be, kid. Just call me Eda, and I'm doing good thank you. But, care to explain why you and my kid had not gotten any sleep for 48 hours?" Hearing Eda ask the girls why they looked, well, dead had confused the both.