Nine

Nothing could make this day go any worse, right?

Well... Not exactly.

After a long while as well as the comfortable silence, Amity had finally broken the hug between the two seeing as it wasn't Luz's job to do so knowing how Amity reacted to the whole situation. They both looked at one another, Luz wiping the tears off of Amity's face while she did the same for Luz. What was once a room full of laughter and playful banter was no a silent room full of sniffles and slight giggles.

"I'm glad you feel the same way, Luz. I've just held onto this for s-so long and it was the biggest concern I've had on m-my mind lately!" Amity managed to say, still letting Luz wipe off the rest of her tears. "God, I felt like I was about to burst at any given moment!"

"Me too, actually." Luz chuckled solemnly, her smile not as big as Amity's. "In my home realm, you could get bashed heavily on for liking another girl and it always scared me whenever I did, but being here, I've never been more confident in this feeling and the best part of it all is that it's with you, Amity." Luz gave a sincere smile, making Amity smile back in return. Amity was more than overwhelmed with feelings, and she felt as if she was drowning in them. Within the heat of the moment, Amity lunged forward, giving Luz a big hug while giggling. Being the contagious laugh that it is, Luz herself joined in as she wrapped her arms around the young witch.

With arms wrapped around her neck, Amity backed her head away as she stared deep into her lover's eyes, Luz staring right back. Amity slowly started to lean forward, Luz doing so as well but she was allowing Amity to move in more which had Luz back up a tiny bit. The tension between them was very subtle, and love was in the air as they were oh so close to closing off the gap. They both felt dizzy and fell into their own trance as they felt the other's breath on their lips, Amity now ready to close off the space between them.

'This is it!' Amity thought to herself. 'I'm gonna kiss Luz... I'm gonna kiss a human!' With this coursing through her mind, she finally leaned forward, desperately waiting for that gap between them to close. She closed her eyes, ready to brace for impact against Luz's soft lips, but to her surprise, there was nothing. Just the quick volt of wind hitting her face as she felt herself fall off of the bed.

Little did Amity know, with Luz backing up ever so slightly, not even noticing she was on the edge while in a fit of flustered panic, she grabbed around Amity's back while pulling onto her causing them to fall on top of one another on the floor, making a huge loud thud.

"Ow! Ow, ow...!" Exclaimed Luz through gritted teeth with a sharp inhale.

"I-I'm so so sorry Luz! I-I-I had no idea that-" Amity slowed down her talking once she looked at Luz's face only to see it as red as a beet. She was slightly confused but once she took a quick second to think it through, it hit Amity like a brick wall. She had been laying over top of Luz while she was holding herself up with only her hands. The scenery felt perfect between the two: the tension of love filling the air within Luz's room, the golden sun beating in through the window making it warm and cozy for the two of them. Amity's hair fell out of her bun in the process of falling, having it droop over Luz's face making it seem as if they were in their own little zone with just the space between that and Luz's hair.

"Luz," Amity whispered, thinking out loud. "Kiss me. Right now." Suddenly, there was a muffle yell coming from downstairs; one of the Clawthorne sister's had called upstairs but Luz and Amity were too busy and too far into a trance.

"Kid's? What's going on up there, is everything alright?"

Luz called out with a simple 'yeah' which was half-hearted, not taking her eyes or grip off of Amity nor giving any thought into the call from downstairs.