Sixteen

a/n: gonna start implementing flashbacks in certain scenes! these will be told when in italics; thanks!

•••

Amity nor Luz could still believe anything that was happening beyond this point: they just shared their first kiss! Both of them were more than just ecstatic and they honestly didn't know how to necessarily feel. They had not moved from their little curled up position for the past 10 minutes and both of them were both on the brink of falling asleep. Just as they were about to finish their conversation and get some shut eye, they were interrupted by the sound of a knock on the door and then it opening before they had much of a chance to move.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but-" Willow started off as she was looking a little on edge, the scene before her making her some what a little more calm. "Uhm..? Should I even question it, or should I put two and two together?" Willow had a slight blush on her face while Gus just turned his head the other way feeling as if he was looking at something he shouldn't be.

"Whatever is easiest for you...?" Luz stretched out, shrugging her shoulders. Taking a quick minute to really think about it, Willow already was smart enough to see the obvious signs between the two that they shared a connection. She really didn't need a quick minute, she just wanted to be happy that the ship has sailed.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you!" Amity and Luz said in unison before sharing a tiny fit of laughter until it was abruptly stop by Willow yet again.

"No, no-" She started saying quickly. "That's-That's great and all, and I'm sorry to cut that short, but can one of you two please explain to me what in titan's name is going on between this family?" She asked in a panic, mainly looking at Luz as this was her family but it also involved Amity. "First the Amity situation and now he's sending blatant threats? W-What the hell is happening?!" Willow was freaking out now.

Both Luz and Amity genuinely felt bad. They were starting to get Willow and Gus into situations they didn't need to be in to begin with. This was not some normal rinse and cover problem and then it's all better, this was either a problem that will have no close end to it or one that leave in inevitable trouble for a lot of people. Amity and Luz were more than scared but they knew they had to be tough for themselves, and not just themselves, but for Eda and Lilith. They had to be strong.

"Willow please, we-" Amity started saying but she could not find the right words at all. Letting out a sigh she sat there trying to figure out her words until Luz started speaking in her place.

"Willow, it's confusing and it's scary, we know, and we're sorry for dragging you two into something as serious as... as this but, at this point we need all the help we can get whether it be emotional to physical support!" Luz exclaimed, just oh so hoping that her friend would hear her out and understand the situation a lot better because she had no understanding of how much Eda had told them. With all eyes on Luz, she tried more to reason with Willow. "Please, guys, you have to understand, really! Of course we'll do our best to not fail you guys or get you hurt, but-!"

"Luz, you're putting a lot on our plate as is..! This is the Emperor we're talking about! W-We can't just go agaisnt him or whatever people he has so willy nilly!" Willow shot back, not letting Luz get a chance to finish.

"I get that but you never know until you try, Willow!" Luz yelled louder than she probably should have. "This isn't about a definite yes or no here, we need to be thinking about if we can or not! That possibility is real and we can't just let that go! Don't you get it?!"

Silence had solidified the atmosphere in the room now, leaving Willow a bit pushed back and Luz feeling more tense than she should. Letting out a deep sigh and pinching the bridge of her nose before putting her face in her hands, Luz spoke out into her hands, her voice almost not audible.