Chapter 2: Toture Is The Only Logical Choice

Author's Note: Ahh, yes. Chapter 2. The chapter where every writer usually stops whenever they make a fanfic. Well, hopefully that doesn't happen here now, right? Yes, right. We still need to see Hannes dead. I mean, yes, Hannes dead. Nothing wrong with that. Anyways, words? Critiques? Advice? Please do tell. I will read each comment that does. For now, Happy reading.

._.

Years ago, beings that prey on people suddenly appeared. Their overwhelming strength pushed humanity in the brink of extinction. I was not supposed to be one of those people.

Everything was a catastrophe. Corpses upon corpses lay on the ground in piles while wondering crows come along to eat them. Smoke rose in multiple different houses from different parts of town. There are still people stuck in their homes and unable to escape because of the titans that surround them and threaten their very existence. There is nothing to hear but screams of fear. Nobody is safe.

We were brought through a small tunnel, the same one I went through just hours ago. We were all silent. Horror defined our faces at most because there was nothing to say and do but run after witnessing what had just happened.

Eren decides to turn to hit Hannes at the back of his head. I do the same.

"What are you two doing?" He says.

"We were so close to saving mom! Why couldn't you mind your own business?!" Eren screams, hitting him again and again. Mikasa turns to look at his face, drawn in by the sounds of his screams. I stop, although he was right, we could have also been long dead if it weren't for this man. "We were so close to save her!"

"Knock it off damn it!" Hannes takes Eren's arm, only to thrown his body hard on the ground. My head leans in to take a peek. Mikasa screams his name then struggles to get out of Hannes' grip so she can run towards Eren's way. It was typical of her I almost accidentally let out a laugh.

"Eren." Hannes called out, then walks close to the boy who is now dusted with the dirt of the ground and glaring at him with his usual glare. I follow him as he stoppes in his tracks and kneels, "You couldn't save your mother because you dont have enough strength."

Angered and teary-eyed, Eren rushes in to throw a punch, but Hannes managed to grab his puny arm becfore he manages to hit anyone, "And I...couldn't stand up to that Titan." He mumbles then looks up for us to see the tears down his eyes as he finishes his saddening sentence, "because I don't have enough courage!"

For some reason I couldn't feel any remorse to them talking this way. As stupid as I may sound, the only thing that was on my mind was 'Boring. Where is the sad background music at?'. The thought was so not fitting the atmosphere of the entire situation that it was practically idiotic enough for me to slap myself across the face.

The three face me in concern, "What's wrong with you? Are you okay?" Hannes asks.

Well, no. I basically cannot believe that my rediculous fucked-up-of-a-brain could come up with something so stupid on one of the worst moments in anime history. But I digress and not say that anyway. Instead I shake my head and walked along side the three of them slowly as Hannes holds both of their hands and says 'I'm sorry.'

Eren continues to shed tears as he mourns the death of his mother. Mikasa puts a hand on her head, most probably having a sudden flashback of the trauma she had back when she was younger. I, have no reason to be sad about, so you can probably expect me just standing there walking along side the rest of them with my mind wondering elsewhere.

As we get through the inner gates, a pair of two large boats introduces their presence to hundreds of crowding people, craving to get aboard. A few soldiers raise their hands for attention, announcing to everyone that bringing any such belongings are forbidden for the boat to accomodate as many people as possible.